Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 148136
Category: Food/Nutrition Services
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 9, 2022
Work Schedule: Per Diem
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Responsible for patient meal service on assigned units, such as menu distribution and order acquisition, tray assembly, tray delivery and pick up. Works with the Nursing Department to assess patients' dietary needs, and communicates issues and concerns to the Nutrition Services Department. Assists co-works when necessary working as part of a team. Reacts quickly to ensure efficient timing of services and accurate follow-through of physician-ordered diets. Familiar with modified diets and dietary restrictions to ensure optimal patient care and satisfaction. Accountable for patient satisfaction on assigned units. Supports the Department and provides assistance to team members in an effort to provide outstanding meal service to Chester County Hospital patients.
- Greets new patients providing a brief explanation of services available.
- Provides patients with a copy of the menu and answers any questions patients may have and provides a snack to patients as possible per diet order.
- Orients the patients as to the contents of the tray when delivering meals. Follows up with patients to assess and remedy any dietary needs.
- Utilizes a team approach with the Nursing Department to ensure patient satisfaction.
- Adheres to Hospital and department policy and procedures on universal precautions and patient isolation.
- Demonstrates knowledge of modified diets, proper condiments and related restrictions for diets.
- Communicates any patient related problems to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Follows Facility and Departmental Safety policies and procedures to include occurrence reporting. Demonstrates knowledge of Hazardous Materials and Waste Program. Participates in disaster drills, as appropriate.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills with all team members, patients and families including telephone, written and electronic communication. Demonstrates evidence of adherence to Hospital confidentiality policy and patient’s rights.
- Strictly adheres to Hospital policy on time and attendance.
- Introduces self when interacting with patients, families, visitors or other employees. Demonstrates a cheerful, friendly manner while on duty.
- Accepts changes in assignments in the spirit of good teamwork. Offers to help other employees by providing assistance when needed.
- Use time effectively and productively to achieve established priorities. Displays positive attitude, addresses conflict privately, treats others with dignity and respect.
- Accepts constructive feedback about performance or behaviors and shows evidence of change. Maintains professional appearance according to policy standards. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Preferred)
- H.S. Diploma/GED required.
0-1 years Experience in health care industry preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE