Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Supervisor, Accounts Payable
Job ID: 146726
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 10, 2022
Work Schedule: 7:30AM-4:00PM, M-F | On-site
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Supervisor, Accounts Payable, is responsible for the three major AP Check Request functions and staff, these include the Chrome River System used for processing non purchase order payment requests (including recurring payments), the payment card programs, ePayables and AMEX, and the single use procurement card program, and Document Imaging Center used for the scanning of purchase order related invoices and other Accounts Payable related documents.
- The Supervisor is also responsible for the development of training programs and materials and the delivery of training sessions to end user departments on the use of Chrome River Invoice. Formal training sessions will be established and conducted on a bi-monthly basis.
- Direct day-to-day activities of the Check Request team and process.
- Manage the Check Request and Document Imaging staff.
- Ensure payment requests are processed in accordance with UPHS policies and procedures.
- Support customer needs by identifying appropriate payment solutions for unique purchase or payment needs.
- Manage the payment card programs, including managing annual enrollment campaigns, vendor drops, payment variances and monthly reconciliations.
- Manage the Single Use card program, including the evaluation of customer requests to determine best purchase or payment stream, submit request for card initiation, monthly reconciliation and payment.
- Provide Chrome River training to end users on scheduled and recurring basis.
- Support Associate Director in other areas of Accounts Payable.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
- High School Diploma/GED (Required)
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Management (Preferred)
- 5+ years of previous experience as an AP Supervisor or Manager (Required)
- Experience using Lawson/Infor system AP application (Required)
- General office computer skills - Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint (Required)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE