Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Assistant Nurse Manager - 7 Cathcart - Pennsylvania Hospital (Full-Time)
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 148441
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 10, 2022
Work Schedule: Full-Time, 11a-9:30p
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Pennsylvania Hospital is seeking a full-time Assistant Nurse Manager to join their 7 Cathcart/7 Preston unit. 7-Cathcart/7-Preston is a 60-bed medical-surgical unit that cares for a variety of post-operative surgical patients and patients with neurological conditions. Our staff provide direct care and education to patients following upper and lower joint repairs and replacements, neurosurgical procedures ranging from laminectomies and fusions to deep brain stimulator insertions in Parkinson’s Disease patients, bariatric surgery, and patients recently experiencing a stroke.
- Assists Nurse Manager by assuming 24-hour accountability for the operation of the designated patient care unit (s). This includes the provision of leadership to improve patient care, enhance professional development and achieve nursing goals. ANM will share responsibility in staffing, timecards, scheduling, evaluation of staff performance, and assure that staff meets necessary competencies in order to comply with state regulations and hospital policies.
- Currently licensed as a professional nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred, major in nursing preferred or must be enrolled in a Master’s degree program.
- A minimum of three to five years of progressive nursing experience required with demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
- Ability to recruit, lead, and manage a high performing team
- Evidence of excellent interpersonal relationships and communication skills. Consistently self-directed and a self-starter, leader and effective facilitator of group dynamics
- Demonstrates ability to think creatively and build consensus around a common vision. Must be able to function effectively under stressful situations and tight deadlines
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on physical, psychosocial, cultural, educational, safety and related criteria appropriate to patient age
- Ability to communicate in stressful situations
- Must be able to work with frequent interruptions
- Must be mentally alert at all times
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE