Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Product Owner, Way to Health
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 145283
Category: Information Services/Technology/Service Desk/Telecom
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: 8:30AM-5:00PM, M-F | Remote/Hybrid
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Product Owner is responsible for managing multiple products of moderate scope and complexity throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision and working closely with engineering to deliver winning products. He/she is responsible for driving applications from identification, prioritization, and analysis to execution. He/she will work with key stakeholders (internal and external) to understand the business benefits of an application. The Product Owner will work to create the requirements and communicate high-level acceptance criteria necessary to complete the application to development teams.
- The successful candidate for this role will be expected to manage customer requirements and have a high commitment to detail. In this role, there will be a high level of accountability and visibility within the organization. Strong leadership and conflict resolution skills are necessary. Candidates also must possess a solid understanding of SDLC, specifically Scrum or other Agile software development methodologies.
- The successful candidate must have a demonstrable track record of achieving success in a dynamic, fast-paced software development environment.
- Defining the product strategy and roadmap.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders and SMEs to define applications in terms of business case and potential benefits, including high-level success/acceptance criteria.
- Prioritizing tasks within the product backlog based on perceived business value for consideration in release plans.
- Preparation and presentation of roadmap plans to stakeholders for decision process ahead of implementation by development teams.
- Understanding and reporting on development progress to key stakeholders.
- Assisting in the coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- 5+ years of experience in product management, project management, business analysis, and/or application design (Required)
Skills & Abilities:
- Business analysis
- Ability to translate business requirements and technical requirements
- Software testing
- Product development and Agile methodologies
- User experience design
- Ability to prioritize features, manage a product backlog, plan a product roadmap
- Experience managing a software product, conducting competitive analysis, managing product roadmap, and prioritizing feature requests
- Excellent management and multi-tasking skills; ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced
- Ability to manage resource allocation between projects, identify conflicts and recommend solutions
- Knowledge and application of project management techniques and tools
- Expert level of verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE