Job ID: 148808
Category: Quality/Performance Improvement
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 12, 2022
Work Schedule: WILL REQUIRE full or partial on site work
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
As part of the UPHS Clinical Effectiveness and Quality Improvement (CEQI) department, manages and coordinates projects ranging from clinical process improvement to software installations. Under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer for the Office of the Chief Medical Officer, will plan, manage, and support system-wide implementation of CEQI and Critical Care Committee projects in support of UPHS strategic initiatives including quality and safety outcomes. Supports the operational framework for Safety and Quality Improvement based on the Blueprint for Quality and other key institutional plans. Ongoing project responsibilities include development and maintenance of a project plan, preparation of updates to senior executives, coordination with clinical and administrative staff and leaders, scheduling and facilitation of team meetings, and problem resolution.
• Work independently to manage and coordinate multiple concurrent projects at various stages of completion. Complete and manage project activities using an industry standard project management process and approach to ensure a consistent approach to project completion. Integrates professional standards and evidence-based practice in development and evaluation of quality initiatives.
• Lead and influence multidisciplinary teams from multiple entities to achieve project goals and deadlines. Facilitates sharing of best practices across departments related to safety and quality process/approaches.
• Define and determine the role of project management in each project, including specific roles and responsibilities of each project member.
• Develop project plans, set deadlines, and communicate status to the project team and leadership. Schedule meetings, prepare agendas, prepare minutes, and manage the project SharePoint sites. Prepare and deliver effective presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint to project teams and leadership.
• Critically review project status and escalate delays and roadblocks to leadership in a timely manner to achieve deadlines. Provide periodic well-organized written status reports to leadership including executive leadership when required.
• Ensures performance data is disseminated and actively reviewed for opportunities to change practice. Coordinate with the Penn Medicine Academy on change management activities.
• Establishes and maintains collegial relationships with quality, safety, patient affairs, risk management, regulatory professionals across UPHS.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree is required.
• Master's Degree is preferred
• 5+ years of Healthcare experience is required
• 5+ years of Project management experience is required
• Experience in a healthcare clinical environment is preferred
Required Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Ability to drive multiple projects
• Able to deliver clear and concise presentations to varied audiences
• Demonstrated ability to build a high performing team
• Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and project management tracking tools
• Knowledge of /familiarity with national standards for quality, safety and healthcare standards
• Knowledge of/familiarity with change management, Lean Six Sigma, and process improvement terminology, tools, and process
As part of our COVID-19 response, this position may currently be offering partial or full remote work. However, in the near future this position will require full or partial on-site work.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.