Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Clinical Nurse 1 Inpatient - 7 Cathcart - Pennsylvania Hospital (Full-Time)
Job ID: 145552
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 12, 2022
Work Schedule: FT Rotating, Days/Nights
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Pennsylvania Hospital is seeking a full-time RN to join their 7 Cathcart Med/Surg unit. 7-Cathcart/7-Preston is a 60-bed medical-surgical unit that cares for a variety of post-operative surgical patients and patients with neurological conditions. Our staff provide direct care and education to patients following upper and lower joint repairs and replacements, neurosurgical procedures ranging from laminectomies and fusions to deep brain stimulator insertions in Parkinson’s Disease patients, bariatric surgery, and patients recently experiencing a stroke.
- The Clinical Nurse 1 New to Practice/Apprentice is a newly licensed new-to-practice RN or RN with less than 15 months of experience that demonstrates basic safe practice within the organizational professional practice model. The Clinical Nurse 1 New to Practice/Apprentice seeks guidance to integrate concepts, knowledge, skills and attitudes to meet standards for competent professional nursing practice as specified in the Clinical Nurse I New to Practice/Apprentice position description addendum. The Clinical Nurse 1 New to Practice/Apprentice exhibits UPHS organizational behavioral competencies which reflect its mission and are embedded in the professional practice competency domains.
- The Clinical Nurse 1 New to Practice/Apprentice is accountable for the provision of direct care to patients who may range in age from infancy to the elderly and demonstrates within the competency domains of Continuous Quality Improvement, Evidence Based Practice and Research, Leadership, Person and Family Centered Care, Professionalism, Safety, Teamwork, and Technology/ Informatics (Definitions listed below).
- The Clinical Nurse 1 New to Practice/Apprentice works closely with the interprofessional health care team to facilitate the coordination of care across the continuum. The nurse focuses on developing the knowledge and skills necessary to provide individualized care based on physical, psychosocial, cultural, educational, safety, and age appropriate considerations of assigned patients.
- The Clinical Nurse 1 New to Practice/Apprentice requires consultation with more experienced clinicians and benefits from feedback while demonstrating growth in the ability to care for increasingly complex patients. The nurse demonstrates how nursing practice impacts the organizational vision, mission, and goals and the care delivery system. The nurse complies with all regulations and standards of regulatory and accrediting bodies.
- The Clinical Nurse 1 New to Practice /Apprentice must complete all Clinical Nurse 1 competencies and is expected to advance to the Clinical Nurse 2 Colleague level by 18 months of professional practice. See addendum.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Pennsylvania RN licensure (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing
- Less than 15 months professional nursing experience, required
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE