Job ID: 148287
Category: Medical Laboratory/Pathology
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 12, 2022
Work Schedule: Day Shift Hours
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP) Pathology and Laboratory Medicine is looking for a Lead Medical Technologist to join the team.
• Responds to provider inquiries on all types of laboratory specimens.
• Adheres to Penn Medicine’s policies and procedures and conforms to all safety practices.
• Performs a variety of tasks surrounding the collection, transport, and resulting of clinical specimens for diagnostic laboratory testing, and access/audit any and all associated records.
• Collaborates with providers and labs to identify and improve processes, including, but not limited to, opening and follow up of IT tickets.
• Maintains the confidentiality of health information on all patients.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
The qualified candidate must possess a BS degree in biological or chemical science, at least four years of clinical experience, and a medical technology certification, or graduate degree with related experience. MT (ASCP) certification or eligibility from an approved school of medical technology or equivalent or other training combined with experience in a particular area may be required. Laboratory computer experience is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.