Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
PRN Vascular Technician- HUP Vascular Lab
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 149082
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Performs all aspects and modes vascular laboratory testing, including arterial, venous, cerebrovascular and visceral according to established procedures and protocols
- Performs patient assessment, obtains pertinent history, review orders to insure correct and accurate testing is performed
- Prepares preliminary report of test results and communicates results to the referring health care provider
- Maintain accurate and complete patient records including worksheets, photographs, videotapes, paper and computerized reports
- Assist technical director in compilation of quality assurance and improvement programs.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining compliance with regulatory agencies and in the ICAVL accreditation process
- Assist in the orientation of new employees
- Assist in the proper maintenance and use of equipment
- Assist in patient and staff education regarding vascular disease and technology
- Perform clinical work flow duties in Penn Chart. Enter charges into Penn Chart as part of clinical work flow.
- Stock supplies, linens, etc. and assist technical director in ordering supplies
- Essential Accountabilities: Perform vascular laboratory testing according to department protocols; Assess patients and obtain pertinent vascular history; Utilizes resources to obtain pertinent clinical information: Penn Chart and ProSolv; Performs appropriate testing procedures per orders and/or to obtain clinically necessary information; Prepare accurate and complete preliminary reports; Works independently without direct physician supervision; Communicates effectively with physicians and other health care providers in relaying test results and in determining specific testing required
- Non-essential Accountabilities: Assists in the clerical, reception and billing duties as needed; Maintains equipment and lab supplies appropriately; Exhibits stewardship in the use of equipment and supplies
- Works according to the UPHS Mission Statement
- Perform testing for research studies according to the protocols established by the investigators
- Treats patients, family members, other personnel with respect and dignity
- Maintain RVT credential
- Provides environment for patient care that insures privacy and confidentiality
- Willingly assists other vascular specialists in performing tests or interpreting test results
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
- ARDMS or RDMS or RVS or RVT (Required)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Must maintain CPR certification
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- Graduate of accredited ultrasound technology program
1+ years Clinical experience in performing vascular lab testing.
Must possess skills in performing Vascular Lab testing.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE