Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Physical Therapy Aide Part-time Day Shift (Monroe) PM&R
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 145387
Category: Physical/Occupational Therapy
Work Type: PT -19 HOURS
Location: Monroe, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Aug 15, 2022
Work Schedule: Part-time - Day Shift
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Physical Therapy Aide provides the necessary services within the Physical Therapy Department in order to achieve efficient operation of that department and maximize appropriate utilization of professional staff. Performs assigned non-professional functions. Physical Therapy Aides assist the professional staff in the provision of direct patient care within the parameters established by the State Board of Physical Therapy.
- *OP setting: Performs non-professional functions. Duties include but are not limited to performance of clerical duties and transport of patients and equipment.
- Maintains rehab services equipment.
- Assist therapists and therapy assistant in patient treatment.
- Assist in the upkeep of the Rehab Services Department. Cleaning of equipment and tables according to manufacturer guidelines.
- Assists in the chart maintenance as per front desk staff request- including but not limited to: filing, copying, filing charts, as per OP Rehab Manager request
- Assists in the Rehab Services office.
- Contributes in a positive way to the functioning of the Rehab Services Department.
- Facilitates the functioning of the rehab department through efficient time and resource management.
- Adapts approach to reflect respect for and sensitivity to individual differences.
- Communicates in ways that are consistent with situational needs.
- Supports customer service and performance improvement goals of the department; collaborates with other care givers/staff, within and outside the department, to develop means of enhancing patient care and service.
- Maintains standards of confidentiality.
- Age-Specific Knowledge & Skills – Possesses the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to meet patients’ physical, psychological and social needs with those growth and developmental levels/patient populations served within the department.
- Participates in unit compliance as related to established standards. Other duties and projects as assigned.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- High school education or equivalent life experience is required.
Experience is preferred, but not required.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE