Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Senior Financial Analyst -Neurosurgery OutPt
Job ID: 149340
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 16, 2022
Work Schedule: Full Time
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Senior Financial Analyst - Neurosurgery OutPt
3400 Spruce Street
- The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for creation and updating of all presentation documents to senior leadership, complex accounting analysis, and month end close entry preparation and review. The Senior Financial Analyst has a great understanding of the Capital and Operating budgets and is involved in the build of both each year. The Senior Financial Analyst has the ability to attend and present information in the Director's absence.
- The Senior Financial Analyst mainly communicates with managers and senior leadership within the department, as well as other corporate departments (A/P, Purchasing, Finance, Capital Accounting). Minimal contact with outside vendors.
- Preparation of month end closing entries and review of entries prepared by other staff.
- Ability to Multitask and manage shifting priorities and deadlines, with an ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Provide analysis and variance explanations for monthly reporting.
- Creates PowerPoint presentations of financials and budget for senior leadership.
- Monitoring of contract renewals and tracking for budget purposes.
- Assisting in building the Capital and Operating Budgets each year.
- Capital expense reconciliation, for transfers, addition, and project update against INFOR sub-system.
- Routinely meet with Managers to review their departmental monthly operational results.
- Partners with COO, DOF, PSOM and CPUP leadership on the development of the Departmental Strategic Plan(s).
- Where applicable, mentor financial analysts in and outside department.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Information Technology required.
- 4+ years experience in a Finance department, with a progressive accounting and budgeting, for a Healthcare System required.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Access with VBA preferred.
- Experienced user of Hyperion Essbase / Planning / Reports & EPIC required.
- Experienced user of Finance/Accounting systems. Lawson Financials preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE