Job ID: 147756
Category: Medical Laboratory/Pathology
Work Type: PT 20+ HOURS
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Aug 16, 2022
Work Schedule: 11p - 7:30am
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
The Blood Bank Lab at Penn Medicine Princeton Health is searching for a part-time Med Tech in Plainsboro, NJ. Join our team of educated, knowledgeable professionals in an environment that supports growth, learning, and professional development. Our Lab does streamlined automation and electronic cross-matching. We use software that assists with antibody identification. Additionally, we transfuse about 250 products per month, and have an occasional Massive Transfusion Protocol or Neonatal transfusion. We test about 1,000 samples per month, including about 50 Antibody Identifications per month.
• Bachelor’s degree in chemical, biological or laboratory science/medical technology science required
Related Work Experience
• Recent experience in blood banking
Licensure, Certification or Registration Requirements:
• MT (ASCP or NCA), MLS(ASCP), or previously qualified as Medical Technologist prior to 2/28/92 under 42CFR493.1427 (3/14/90)
Specialized Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
• Proven ability to work with related complex automated instrumentation
• Required to function with complex automated instrumentation and report results in writing and by telephone.We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.