Job ID: 149491
Work Type: FT
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 17, 2022
Work Schedule: Full-Time
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
The Communications Specialist assists in the day-to-day activities of the Department in the organization, production and publication of the Department's website and web-based products, internal communications materials and publications. In addition, the Communications Specialist researches, edits and writes selected media outreach materials, produces media monitoring reports and assists senior communication officers with outreach and media escorts.
• Assist digital/web staff in the maintenance of the Department’s web page and social media properties.
• Assist Department in generating and posting content over social media (e.g. Facebook).
• Assist with the monitoring and measurement of Penn Medicine’s traditional and social media coverage and maintenance of departmental archives.
• Assist Department staff in media relations, publications and internal publications with duties related to written communications activities including press releases, announcements, invitations to cover, and articles for internal publications, memos, and newsletters.
• May work with members of the media to arrange interviews or other opportunities for press coverage and escort media while on campus.
• Assist in the preparation of selected institutional news releases, articles, Invitations to Cover, RSS feeds and multimedia content (photos, videos, audio files) for publication to the web.
• Assist in the production of media reports.
• Maintain and update media lists.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
• Bachelor's Degree Communications, Public relations, Journalism, or related field and 3+ years relevant experience, preferably in health care.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.