Job ID: 145855
Category: Behavioral Health/Psychology
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 17, 2022
Work Schedule: M-F Hybrid Model
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Provide outpatient cognitive-behavioral therapy services for the wide range of adult patients seen at the Center for Cognitive Therapy, the clinic that was founded by Dr. Aaron T. Beck, a clinical division of Penn Medicine Psychiatry. Collaborate with the Director (Cory F. Newman, Ph.D.) and the Director of Education (Mary Anne Layden, Ph.D.) to provide top-notch cognitive-behavioral supervision and training to psychiatry residents and predoctoral trainees in clinical psychology. A hybrid model of clinical care and teaching, with therapy sessions and classes being conducted both remotely and safely on-site continues to be implemented.
* Active (or soon-to-be-active) license to practice psychology in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
* Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (PhD or PsyD).
* At least 18 months post-graduate experience in providing cognitive-behavioral therapy prior to start date.
* Necessary continuing education credits to maintain licensure in psychology, credentials to practice psychotherapy.
* Experience in performing individual psychotherapy in a demographically diverse population of psychiatric outpatients.
* Ability to manage delivery of clinical care services in an efficient and effective manner, and to complete clinical documentation in a timely fashion.
* Two professional references.
* Successfully credentialed by the University of Pennsylvania, Office of Medical Affairs prior to start date.
* State of PA background clearance (PATCH report).
* If applicable, fingerprinting & FBI clearance if residing outside of the state of Pennsylvania, or if residency in PA is less than two years.
* Specialty in cross-cultural applications of CBT, and/or expertise in providing CBT to traditionally underserved populations preferred, not required.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region.
Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the healthcare fields. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines. Together we will continue to make healthcare advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Degree Requirements and Minimum Experience Required:
Ability to manage delivery of clinical care services in an efficient and effective manner
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.