Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Ambulatory Nurse I- for Shared Services- Located in Woodbury Heights, NJ
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 146336
Work Type: FT
Location: Woodbury Heights, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Aug 17, 2022
Work Schedule: M-F 8am-5pm No Holidays/Weekends
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Ambulatory Nurse I New to Practice/Apprentice is a newly licensed new-to-practice RN or RN with less than 15 months of experience that demonstrates basic safe practice within the organizational professional practice model. The Ambulatory Nurse I New to Practice/Apprentice seeks guidance to integrate concepts, knowledge, skills, and attitudes to meet standards for competent professional nursing practice as specified in the Ambulatory Nurse I New to Practice/Apprentice position description addendum.
- The Ambulatory Nurse I New to Practice/Apprentice exhibits UPHS organizational behavioral competencies which reflect its mission and are embedded in the professional practice competency domains.
- The Ambulatory Nurse I New to Practice/Apprentice is accountable for the provision of direct care to patients who may range in age from infancy to the elderly and demonstrates within the competency domains of Continuous Quality Improvement, Evidence-Based Practice and Research, Leadership, Person and Family-Centered Care, Professionalism, Safety, Teamwork, and Technology/ Informatics (Definitions listed below).
- The Ambulatory Nurse I New to Practice/Apprentice works closely with the interprofessional health care team to facilitate the coordination of care across the continuum. The nurse focuses on developing the knowledge and skills necessary to provide individualized care based on physical, psychosocial, cultural, educational, safety, and age-appropriate considerations of assigned patients.
- The Ambulatory Nurse I New to Practice/Apprentice requires consultation with more experienced clinicians and benefits from feedback while demonstrating growth in the ability to care for increasingly complex patients. The nurse demonstrates how the nursing practice impacts the organizational vision, mission, goals, and the care delivery system. The nurse complies with all regulations and standards of regulatory and accrediting bodies.
- The Ambulatory Nurse I New to Practice /Apprentice must complete all Ambulatory Nurse I competencies and is expected to advance to the Ambulatory Nurse II Colleague level by 15 months of professional practice. See addendum.
- Evidence-Based Practice and Research: The nurse evaluates and integrates best current evidence with clinical expertise and patient and family preferences and values for the delivery of optimal health care and system effectiveness.
- Safety: The nurse minimizes risk of harm to patients, families, providers, and self through system effectiveness and individual performance. Professionalism: The nurse demonstrates a commitment to the nursing profession through lifelong learning, adherence to ANA’s Code of Ethics for Nurses, participation in a professional organization, and advancing community outreach.
- Person and Family-Centered Care: The nurse recognizes the patient (or the patient’s designee) as the source of control and a full partner in providing compassionate and coordinated care based on respect for the patient’s preferences, values, and needs.
- Leadership: The nurse effectively collaborates and applies innovative, systems thinking to engage in systematic, evidence-based problem solving and decision making to promote effective changes within a complex care delivery system supporting the vision of Penn Medicine. Informatics/Technology: The nurse utilizes appropriate information and technology to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error, and support decision-making across the continuum.
- Teamwork: The nurse effectively engages in the process of cooperation, coordination, and collaboration in an effort to provide safe, quality outcomes for patients within inter and intra-professional teams, including virtual teams.
- Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI): The nurse utilizes data and QI methods to identify potential and actual problems and opportunities to provide care that is safe, timely, efficient, effective, and equitable.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support BLS/ACLS/PALS (per specialty)
- Registered Nurse - NJ (Required)
- Registered Nurse with State Licensure
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Nursing (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree-BSN from an accredited school of nursing and up to 15 months of nursing experience.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE