Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Operations Manager Security
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 149038
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Aug 17, 2022
Work Schedule: FT- 1ST SHIFT
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Security Operations Manager will be responsible for 24/7 operational oversight providing leadership and expertise to the management of vulnerabilities, key technologies, and incident tracking and response. Development of well-defined policies and procedures related to security operations will be a core responsibility of this position, including change control, monitoring, response, and reporting procedures. This position will develop and generate management reporting and detailed metrics to support and demonstrate continuous improvement of incident detection, response, and recovery.
- 24/7 management and leadership of security operations team; including security monitoring, incident response, vulnerability management, threat intelligence, and reporting
- Development and enhancement of security operations procedures and workflows
- Conducts routine and sensitive security investigations as well as coordinates investigations with Risk Management, Human Resources, Legal Affairs, Department Heads and local, state and/or federal law enforcement agencies
- Compile data analytics and reporting of security operations, including threat indicators, vulnerabilities, and incident response metrics, etc. for the hospital and disseminate reports as appropriate. This is to include annual security assessment.
- Coordinate with appropriate vendors for the installation, maintenance and repair of electronic security measures, including CCTV and electronic access control.
- Safety Duties: Provide orientation (Security, Fire Safety and Emergency Management, etc) for newly hired staff as well as coordinate Active Shooter in-service training to high risk and special request departments. Coordinate emergency management drills, this includes but not limited to evacuation and fire drills. Monitors security process for Rapid Responses and EMS arrivals for emergency transports.
- Coordinate Badge Center responsibilities at the Rittenhouse campus.
- Assist the Director of Security with daily administrative functions.
- Responsible for timesheets and time management for Security Officers and Supervisors.
- Perform the duties of Supervisor when needed
- Driver's License (Required)
- Valid NJ Driver's License or valid drivers license in the state the employee resides
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Associate of Arts or Science (Required)
- Associate's degree or 7+ years Industry experience in public safety or security
Progressive responsible management experience required
- Bachelor of Arts or Science
- Bachelor's degree or 5+ years Industry experience in public safety or security
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE