Job ID: 147412
Work Type: FT
Location: Lawrenceville, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Aug 18, 2022
Work Schedule: Full Time, Day Shift, 40 Hours Per Week
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Maintain, update, and report the financial information for Penn Medicine Princeton Health accounting records.
· Responsible for monthly close process including journal entries, variance analysis and close meeting presentation independently. Analyze expense trends for irregularities or timeliness of accruals that may impact the close and propose financial adjustments.
· Analyze assigned general ledger accounts and update work papers monthly. Research questionable items, prepare analysis and propose journal entry adjustments for finance management’s review.
· Provide support to assigned Liaison Departments, including training for financial systems, analytical services, ad hoc reporting and other requests.
· Meet with assigned budget holders to create operating expense budgets, as well as lead annual budget meetings with senior leadership to present proposed budgets and analysis.
· Support assigned Liaison Departments with performance improvement goals by collaborating with other colleagues, within and outside the department, to develop means of enhancing efficiency and accuracy.
· Assist in the preparation of cost reports, 990 and statutory report and other annual audits as required.
· Prepare and maintain cash reconciliation, gross charge reconciliation and bank reconciliation as required.
· Maintain standards of confidentiality.
· Participate in unit compliance as related to established standards.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
B.S. – B.A. Accounting/Finance required
Three to five years of accounting experience required.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.