This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 143037
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 18, 2022
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Pennsylvania Hospital has an opening for a Per Diem Mammography Technician !
Responsibilities under the direction of a Radiologist for this position include but are not limited to the following:
• Obtaining patient history, explaining procedures
• Gaining consent for contrast material administration
• Addressing any patient concerns prior to beginning the procedure
• Performing all necessary checks for accuracy of the prescription
• Obtaining pre-certification/authorization if required by individual insurance companies, Soarian order and patient identification
• Performing all procedures following the appropriate imaging protocols
• Ensuring all technical factors should be appropriate for the age of the patient with consideration of the tools available for shielding and dose reduction.
• Compiling and reviewing images, providing applicable comparison studies, and preparing documentation for interpretation
• Performing quality control testing which is mandated by the Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA) and regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration
• Cleaning, adjusting and performing routine maintenance on equipment; stock and replenish supplies as required
Please apply if you possess these qualifications:
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.