Job ID: 145061
Category: Medical Laboratory/Pathology
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 18, 2022
Work Schedule: Evening Shift Hours
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
$7,500 Sign-on and Retention Bonus! The New Patient Pavilion at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP) is looking for a Point of Care Testing Coordinator (Full-time/Evening Shift) to join the team!
Through the New Pavilion, patient care at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP) is being brought to new levels. We have transformed how we organize and deliver care, using state-of-the-art technology and new ways of thinking to ensure the patient experience is at the very center of everything we do. With innovation and technology at the heart of its design, the hospital is equipped to deliver both the treatments of today and the medical advances of tomorrow. Located in West Philadelphia, the Pavilion sits across the street from the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP) and adjacent to the Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine. Bridges and tunnels connect all three facilities and operations to each other.
• Evaluate and monitors POCT systems to ensure compliance with GLP.
• Maintains inventory of instruments and performs troubleshooting and semi-annual validations.
• Aids in the evaluation of new instrumentation and implementations.
• Coordinates training and competency for all staff performing POCT.
• Coordinates testing for unknown and proficiency samples.
• Assists manager with computer network issues affect POCT instrumentation.
• Monitors all staff performing POCT for compliance and proper testing technique.
• Compiles monthly QC and reports compliance, significant QC statistics, issues and solutions, and other matters that arise pertaining to POCT to the POCT manager and director.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology, Biology or Chemistry with 3 years of Point of Care and/or clinical laboratory experience. If BSMT, (ASCP) certification from approved school of medical technology, then 3 years of clinical experience are required.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.