Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Physician Assistant - Department of Pain Management / Anesthesia (1840 South St Location)
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 148605
Category: Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Day Shift
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Department of Pain Management / Anesthesia is looking to add a Physician Assistant to their team located at 1840 South Street.
The Physician Assistant is responsible for all clinical aspects of Pain Management in the practice. They will be the liaison and coordinator for the clinical practice and will be assigned a daily patient schedule and will assist the attending physicians with their scheduled patients as well.
The faculty and staff of the Penn Pain Medicine Center have the training and experience to provide comprehensive pain care to patients with complex pain problems. We have a number of physicians who each bring special training and experience to bear. These physicians are from a variety of specialties, including anesthesiology, neurology, and psychiatry.
As one of the leading pain management medical centers in the Philadelphia region, the Penn Pain Medicine Center is a resource for people with complex pain problems.
- All Physician Assistants function under the guidelines as designed by Penn Medicine medical staff and are credentialed through that body. The Physician Assistant will be held accountable through a formal job description, delineation of privileges, and through a Written Practice Agreement with their supervising physician. All clinical work hours and associated requirements will be defined and managed under the direction of the supervising physician and within the Human Resource guidelines.
- The Physician Assistant will contribute to excellence in education, leadership, professionalism, and clinical practice.
- Provides direct clinical care for patient population according to established protocols and utilizes evidence based practice standards in collaboration with team.
- Maintains accurate and confidential medical records. Documents all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatment, outcomes, education, referrals, and consultations consistent with organizational standards in electronic medical records.
- Identifies self properly to the patient and family and clarifies the role of Physician Assistant if necessary.
- The Physician Assistant shall function within their scope and refer to the supervising physician when outside of scope, and/or directed by the supervising physician, or when requested by the patient.
- Performs interventions specific to assigned patient population and written agreement.
- Participates in the performance improvement processes to meet quality of care and service standards.
- Demonstrates awareness of professional responsibility as role model to peers and members of the health care team.
- Perform approved therapeutic or diagnostic procedures based upon patient’s clinical status.
- Addresses patient and family concerns and creates a therapeutic relationship to provide support.
- Provide patient education, counseling, and instruction regarding patient diagnosis, medical treatments, medications, and preventive care.
- Participates in and supports accreditation, compliance, and regulatory activities of the organization.
- Participated in preceptorship of PA/NP students and other healthcare learners.
- Identifies patient/family needs for community resources and refers appropriately.
- National Commission for Certification of Physician Assistant (Required)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Master of Health Science (Required)
- New to practice or < 2.5 years relevant experience
The Physician Assistant must be reviewed by the Credentials Committee and approved by the Medical Board.
Master’s degree required except for current employees grandfathered prior to implementation of PAaCE.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE