Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Registered Nurse Emergency Response Team, Full-time Benefits
Job ID: 150088
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Bala Cynwyd, PA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 19, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine is currently hiring for a Registered Nurse for our Emergency Response Team.
Flexible Schedule: 3 - 10 hour shifts (Friday to Sunday) every weekend or every other weekend. Schedule can also include 10 hour shifts on weekdays between 10pm to 8:30am or 5pm to 8:30am with Full-time Benefits
- Providing skilled nursing care to patients whose care is being provided by the agency's hospice or home care department specifically after business hours, evenings and nights. Functions collaboratively with the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) by assessing patient/family needs and planning and facilitating home care, palliative care, and end-of-life care. Provides skilled nursing care and utilizes the nursing process including assessment, implementation, and evaluation in caring for the patients in urgent situations such as pain crisis or other symptom management issues.
- Planning: Performing nursing assessments. Follows established plan of care. Completes the appropriate documentation required based on the assessment and implementation of the nursing plan. Collaborates with physicians and other team members. Provides complete handoff communication.
- Implementation and Coordination of Services: Initiates appropriate preventative and palliative nursing procedures according to the Standards of Hospice and Palliative Nursing through assessment, instruction and support. Coordinates care with the Triage Supervisor and Administrator on Call.
- Directing: Initiates patient/family instructions about care. Maintains clear and concise documentation so that problems, plans, actions, and goals are accurately stated and changes reflected as they occur. Responds to medical or emotional crisis and/or death of a patient. Communicates with the RN Case Manager/RN Team Manager regarding the patient status and follow-up needs.
- Improvement of Care: Reviews the plan of care with the RN Case Manager/Team Manager if there is current patient/family needs. Participates in performance improvement activities as requested.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Car Insurance (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- RN-PA (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Nursing (Required)
- BSN from an accredited school of nursing
2+ years Acute care or long term care experience as a registered nurse.
1+ years Home Care and/or Hospice experience preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE