Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Job ID: 145174
Work Type: PT 20+ HOURS
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Aug 22, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- A member of the pharmacy department support staff who under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist performs specific job responsibilities authorized by the New Jersey State Board of Pharmacy Rules and Regulation. Penn Medicine Princeton Health.
- Follows all procedures and techniques for aseptic preparation of parenteral products. Performs compounding of pharmaceutical preparations, including but not limited to: large volume parenteral solutions, intravenous piggybacks, epidural solutions, dialysis solutions, syringe products, and TPN solutions as assigned.
- Follows all procedures for the maintenance of the clean room, anteroom and IV workroom according to USP Chapter 797 standards, including changing of laminar hood pre-filters and maintenance of equipment used in this area.
- Maintains medication inventory by assisting in ordering and receiving medication from wholesalers and vendors, completing paperwork relative to orders received, stocking all pharmacy areas, and maintaining inventory expiration records. Assists with medication inventory control on each nursing unit by performing nursing station reviews, stocking code cart trays, Pyxis, McKesson PROmanager and MedCarousel and resolving Pyxis drawer errors.
- Assists in the provision of pharmacy services to hospital inpatients and outpatients by assisting the pharmacists in dispensing functions, including but not limited to: accurately filling and labeling of all new and refill medications; filling of unit dose patient bins via the clinical computer system and McKesson automation; timely delivery of medications; restocking and maintaining medications in Pyxis devices and medication cabinets.
- Assists with the distribution and control of controlled drug substances (CDS) within the Pharmacy and to patient care areas. Retrieves controlled drug substances from the CII Safe, labels according to established standards, assists in maintaining CDS inventory on patient care units via manual and Pyxis systems, and medication deliveries
- Supports customer service and performance improvement goals of the Pharmacy Department; collaborates with other caregivers/staff, within and outside the Department, to develop means of enhancing patient care and services.
- Assists with repackaging of bulk products to unit dose, filling daily floor stock requests and PHBH deliveries
- Maintains standards of confidentiality.
- Age-Specific Knowledge and Skills- Possesses the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to meet patients’ physical, psychological and social needs with those growth and development levels/patient populations served within the Pharmacy Department.
- Participates in unit compliance as related to established standards. Other duties and projects as assigned.
- New Jersey Board of Pharmacy Registration as pharmacy technician (required within 180 days of employment)
- National “Certification for Pharmacy Technicians” (required within one year of employment)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- One year recent hospital pharmacy technical experience or several years of relevant pharmacy experience preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE