This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 148733
Category: Medical Laboratory/Pathology
Work Type: PT -19 HOURS
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Pennsylvania Hospital is seeking a part time Cyto Tech to join our team!
|The Cytotechnologist has the appropriate educational background to perform Cytology procedures using established and approved protocols, which require the broad exercise of independent judgement and responsibility with minimal technical supervision.|
• Performs accurate microscopic examination of slides in a timely manner.
• Signs out all negative gynecologic cases and refers all abnormal gynecologic cases as well as all non-gyn cases to the Cytopathologist.
• Rotates through the the Cytoprep Lab.
• Attends fine needle aspirations to evaluate cellularity of the specimen.
• Files slides and paperwork by case number for easy retrieval.
• Maintains a clean, orderly and safe work area. Complies with Hospital and Laboratory safety regulations; notifies Supervisor when hazards are found, completes mandatory inservices on , or before the due date.
• Maintains, receives, dates and labels inventory of supplies needed to keep the section in working order. Provides Supervisor with adequate notification when supplies need to be replenished.
• Answers telephone, provide patient results, assist with the resolution of specimen problems.
• Assist in Medical Student, Resident and Cytotechnology training instruction.
• Works well with Supervisors and those in authority; works at establishing a good rapport and cooperative working relationship with all members of the laboratory; maintains a positive rapport with medical staff and hospital personnel; works to promote PEOPLE standards.
• Attend in-house continuing education programs.
• Performs other duties as assigned: willingness to adapt to changing department demands.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.