Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 150602
Work Type: FT
Location: Bala Cynwyd, PA, United States
Work Schedule: 8:00AM–4:30PM, M-F | Remote
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
***This position is currently offering full remote work. However, in the near future, this position may require partial on-site work.***
- The Budget Analyst supports the Associate Director, Financial Planning and Analysis by providing analytical support to entity leadership in the development of annual strategic and operating plans, efficient customer focused financial processes, and systems. The Budget Analyst assists the finance team in providing financial services which supports the business objectives and mission of the entity and UPHS.
- Assist in managing the activities surrounding the development of the annual operating budget. Develop revenue, expense, and capital budget assumptions. Develop and update annual financial projections.
- Create and maintain financial reports via Hyperion; understand and manage hierarchies to ensure effective reporting and data analysis.
- Review monthly financial statements. Identify, interpret, research, and explain monthly variances.
- Respond to requests from internal and external clients; work collaboratively with varying levels of the organization.
- Analyze monthly department budgeting and accounting reports to maintain expenditure controls.
- Direct the preparation of regular and special budget reports.
- Provide advice and technical assistance with cost analysis, fiscal allocation, and budget preparation.
- Seek new ways to improve efficiency and increase profits.
- Review operating budgets to analyze trends affecting budget needs.
- Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations.
- Perform cost-benefit analyses to compare operating programs, review financial requests, or explore alternative financing methods.
- Assist in implementing the use of budget software directly by Operations staff (practice managers & Directors of Operations), including training and web form creation.
- Prepare ROI and pro-forma analyses as directed by Operations with guidance from the Associate Director, FP&A.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
- Bachelor's degree (Required); preferably in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration.
- Master's degree (Preferred); preferably in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or CPA
- 5+ years of relevant experience (Required); preferably in a financial management position with a thorough knowledge of healthcare accounting.
Skills & Abilities:
- Able to translate complex information into simple explanations
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from others
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities
- Strong understanding of accounting and reporting for physician practices including clinical, research, and academic services.
- Possess proven judgment, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Successful track record of dealing with complex, and at times, ambiguous situations in a changing environment.
- Proficient computer skills (spreadsheets, databases, project management, presentation and word processing software).
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE