Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
PRN Welcome Desk Ambassador
Job ID: 136502
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 24, 2022
Work Schedule: variable
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Delivers on our promise to provide a high quality and supportive welcome to all visitors, patients and families. This position is responsible for greeting visitors and providing information/direction(s) to all patients, visitors and families who visit Pennsylvania Hospital. Ensure standardized reporting systems, quality assurance and service excellence and supports and initiates performance improvement initiatives.
- Provide a welcome to every patient, family member or visitor in accordance with the training provided through Penn Medicine Academy (scripting).
- Initiates greeting and positive interaction to all.
- Anticipate and respond to patient, visitor and hospital staff concerns, expectations or needs in a timely manner.
- Assist immobile patients out of/into vehicles and into/out of wheelchairs safely and courteously.
- Manages visitor flow at entrance to assure patients of timely arrival for appointments.
- Support all way-finding, including the coordination of Outpatient Transports.
- Collaborate with patients, visitors and hospital staff to deliver a coordinated and seamless service to Patients and Visitors.
- Work within a safe environment regarding patient's special needs in order to prevent falls or other accidents.
- Provide other services such as calling for cabs, coordinating para-transit, and assisting patients with hotels, restaurants and public transportation services.
- Ensure all outside vendors check in with Security.
- Effectively utilize Visitor Management System at Welcome Desk by maintaining pre-registration function, communicating with visitors to obtain valid I.D., process IDs.
- Distribute visitor/vendor passes to all who visit the Welcome Center.
- Ensure that hospital visitor policy is followed and will follow up with appropriate personnel with regards to concerns.
- Responsible for reporting/follow through with any incidents that occur. Will write up incident and send to and notify appropriate personnel
- Triage situations/incidents and patient complaints and forward to the Director of Volunteer Services and any other appropriate reporting i.e., Patient and Guest Relations
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Associate of Arts or Science
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE