Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Job ID: 150051
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Berwyn, PA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 25, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Performs a variety of general imaging procedures, is responsible for patient safety protocols and assists the Radiologists with diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. Will function as the first line interface with patients in the successful accomplishments of their imaging needs. Will treat all patients professionally.
- Review Imaging orders to determine type of exam, pertinent clinical history and views needed prior to the actual imaging of the patient.
- Operates Imaging equipment using proper techniques and patient positioning to produce high quality images.
- Operates and troubleshoots scanner, prepares and operates contrast injector
- Greets patients--confirming their identifications performing the correct procedures as directed and completely explaining the procedure to patient and family as directed.
- Performs quality assurance testing consistent with section protocols.
- Aids radiologists, doctors and other UPHS team members in completing procedures according to applicable CT protocol.
- Effectively operate the organizational RIS and PACs systems throughout their daily workflow
- Compliance with OSHA, TJC, DOH and other mandated safety procedures or regulations.
- Maintains necessary inventory supplies for assigned workstation, rotating stock in an orderly fashion and eliminating outdated items.
- Participates in the clinical education of students as appropriate.
- Monitors the patient’s status, tolerance and wellbeing throughout and after the study
- Responds to emergency situations according to department policies
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships and partnerships within the facility and with outside customers of our services.
- Calls in results of STATS and other cases as determined by the Radiologist and department policy
- Completes exam in the computer system and makes changes as necessary, documents procedure code for billing purpose
- Operates daily in a manner consistent with UPHS guidelines.
- Expresses Compassion and Hospitality
- Smiles and welcomes patients and staff members in any interaction
- Notices and acts on opportunities to give directions, answer a question or provide information or reassurance
- Displays sensitivity to feelings of patients, customers, and staff members
- Discusses patient issues privately and in an appropriate setting
- Stays calm, organized, patient and constructive in stressful situations
- Takes the time to talk , support and comfort patients before, during and after procedures
- Does not discuss patients, patients history or issues with staff or others as required by HIPAA
- Works Together for Results
- Understands the value of working with others
- Demonstrates a willing commitment to working cooperatively with others
- Negotiates and delivers on agreed upon commitments
- Provides timely, fact-based, constructive and appreciative feedback in all directions
- Listens actively, carefully and respectfully to what others have to say to truly understand their perspectives
- Effectively works with others to achieve UPHS commitment to its patients, to education, and to research
- Shows initiative with helping in all areas needed.
- Demonstrates Ownership & Accountability
- Continually seeks the highest standards for personal and professional performance
- Takes personal ownership for understanding and meeting the needs of patients, fellow staff members and faculty to achieve UPHS’ commitment to its patients, to education, and to research
- Consistently verifies that all work is completed before shift end
- Manages Resources & Processes
- Consistently seeks to improve easy access to great quality care, great service and great value
- Measures progress towards department set goals and makes appropriate adjustments.
- Understands capabilities and availability of resources
- Utilizes resources of technical aides to strengthen results for patients and clinical workflow
- Continuously Learns & Improves Performance
- Proactively seeks out and creates opportunities
- Seeks out and acts on feedback to improve behavior
- Shares ideas, information and knowledge with others
- Takes every opportunity to continuously learn and improve technical skills
- Maintains knowledge of inventory in the department
- Complies with sterile procedures during procedures
- Sets up radiographic equipment for each procedure and knows pertinent information for patient receiving exam
- Communicates to medical staff all pertinent information with STAT matters
- ARRT (Required)
- ASCP or CT (Required)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- Graduated from an approved Radiologic Technology Program
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE