Job ID: 148634
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 25, 2022
Work Schedule: Days
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Medicine is Seeking an Oncology/Infusion Pharmacist in our Ambulatory Infusion department at Perelman Center (PCAM) at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
Pharmacists in this role have the responsibility of educating patient’s beginning new chemotherapies/biotherapies; providing patient toxicity monitoring and follow up for both intravenous and oral treatments; working shoulder to shoulder with oncology providers and infusion nurses; and supporting operations related to the preparation of intravenous chemotherapy.
- Provides comprehensive and individualized clinical pharmacy services to adult outpatient oncology patients as a member of interdisciplinary oncology/infusion team
- Educates patients and their families to ensure their understanding of the administration schedule and toxicity management of their treatment. Anticipates patient needs and proactively identify solutions.
- Provides in-services and educates pharmacy, medical, and nursing staff and trainees on drug related topics and ambulatory infusion medications.
- Provide medication education and information to patients, nurses, and medical staff within the ambulatory oncology practice and infusion center.
- Provide concise, applicable, and timely responses to requests for drug information to ensure optimal drug use and medication-use education
- Prepare and maintain proper URAC documentation.
- Develops and implements quality improvement activities and ensures compliance with patient care and medication practice standards within their assigned scope of service. Continuously assesses and improves the performance of pharmacy services provides.
- Actively participates in rapid responses of infusion and ambulatory patients.
- Participates in Pharmacy and collaborative departmental subcommittees. Serves as preceptor for Pharmacy residents and students.
Hospital Pharmacy or Infusion Pharmacy experience preferred
Has current pharmacist license in the state of Pennsylvania
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.