Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Registered Nurse OR - Specialty Team Coordinator: Plastics, Breasts, ENT at Penn Princeton Health
Job ID: 144251
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Aug 25, 2022
Work Schedule: Full Time, Days/Varies
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Shift: Full Time Days/Variable
- Specialty Team Coordinator for Plastics, Breasts and ENT assumes responsibility and accountability for the direction, implementation and evaluation of patient care services within the specialty assigned at the direction of the Nurse Manager. The Specialty Team Coordinator ensures the delivery of patient care through the coordination of customer services, leadership and management of the nursing unit at the direction of the Nurse Manager. This position assists the Nurse Manager in coordinating interdepartmental and ancillary activities to ensure quality, cost-effective patient care. This position assists the Nurse Manager in directing the preparation and maintenance of patient’s clinical record, including nursing and medical treatments and related services provided by the Registered Nurse. The Specialty Team Coordinator assists the Nurse Manager in leading the patient care team to meet the needs of the customers and to achieve departmental objectives. The Specialty Team Coordinator assists the Nurse Manager in ensuring that the staff participates in educational activities and the evaluation process to enhance their personal growth and development.
- The Specialty Team Coordinator follows the standards of the OR Registered Nurse (Job Code 5028) within the defined job position related to the cost center. Creates a customer-friendly environment consistent with the organization's patient-care model. Demonstrates regard for the dignity and respect of all patients, their families, guests, representatives, as well as fellow employees, volunteers and medical staff. Supports the organizations mission to provide consistent quality health care services in a professional, caring and responsive environment. Maintain professional growth and development through formal education, seminars, workshops, professional affiliations, and encourage staff to do the same. Assumes accountability for assigned specialty functioning in accordance to the Princeton Healthcare Systems standards. Develops a plan for staffing and capital expenses and ensures the specialty operates within allocated funds. Utilize personnel efficiently and assure cost-effective utilization of supplies. Interprets and effects administrative policy and procedures for specialty. Consults and collaborates with colleagues to improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of patient care. Coordinates Specialty Team Members: Mentors growth and development of all staff. Supports chain of communication through team structure. Review the specialties performance in relation to established goals implement change to effect continual improvement in the service line provided and assure compliance with regulatory and legal requirements. Facilitates leadership roles of professional and support staff. Evaluate performance of team members to ensure quality of service line and technical. Provide consultation, mentoring, and guidance for Team Members and encourages participation in development of specialties goals through delegation to ensure appropriate selection, training and supervision of the specialty care team.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Registered Nurse - NJ (Required)
- CNOR in pursuit of or obtained (Preferred)
- ACLS certification (Preferred)
- Member of AORN (Preferred)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Registered Nurse in pursuit of or with BSN (Required)
- Perioperative experience of two years or more (Preferred)
Specialized Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Critical thinking skills required
- Demonstrates leadership ability, collaborative and customer service skills required
- Basic computer skills including Word and Excel required
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of data collection, research protocols, etc.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE