Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Driver OP - PER DIEM
Job ID: 139073
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Hamilton, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Aug 27, 2022
Work Schedule: Per Departmental Needs
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- To provide transportation to patients admitted in the Princeton House outpatient program across all outpatient sites. To provide courier service as requested by supervisor. The PHBH Driver functions collectively with the outpatient fleet, primary location and routes will vary based on the needs of the Outpatient Transportation System. We are currently recruiting for Hamilton and Moorestown, and North Brunswick. Drivers will be primarily assigned to a site but may be asked to drive for any site.
- Provide courier service as requested. Provide timely transportation to patients admitted in the outpatient programs. Operate the vehicle safely and adhere to all applicable motor vehicle transportation laws.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent – required
- Associate’s degree – preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university - preferred
- Previous stable work record preferably to include driving within a transportation service system.
- A high school diploma and five years’ experience in the provision of appropriate services to youth,ORan associate’s degree from an accredited college or university and two years’ experience in the provision of appropriate services to youth,OR a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
- All drivers must be a minimum of 21 years of age. Valid driver’s license in good standing in employee’s state of residence and a record in good standing with the State of New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission and no combination of three moving violations and/or at fault crashes during the previous thirty-six months.
- Must obtain CDL with passenger endorsement within 120 days of hire
SPECIALIZED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
● Knowledge of the State of New Jersey Motor Vehicle Laws. Good interpersonal skills required; professionalism essential. Also required are a customer service orientation and a teamwork approach.
● Comfortable interacting with clients, ensuring client safety and driving for significant distances and periods of time
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE