Job ID: 150509
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 29, 2022
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Assists in the filling and compounding of all outpatient medication orders under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist. Restocks and reorders necessary pharmacy inventory. Actively involved in the discharge of patients with transitions of care program, myPennPharmacy. Ability to use all equipment and tools involved in the procurement, storage, preparation, and delivery of medications including but not limited to computer systems, pill counting technology, cash register and peripheral charging equipment. Satisfactorily passes required hospital and government validation examinations.
• Accurately interprets and fills all outpatient medication orders, actively involved in processing and delivery of myPenn Pharmacy medications under the direction supervision of a registered pharmacist. Assists the pharmacist with all third party transactions.
• Inventories and replenishes stock. Responsible for maintaining adequate stock in all areas of the pharmacy and putting away drug orders.
• Responsible for checking expiration dates of all inventory on an ongoing basis and for performing annual inventory count. Pulls outdated, damaged and recalled merchandise and prepares them for return.
• Obtains information for prescriptions such as insurance coverage, date of birth, name, eligibility, phone number, address. Assists customers with their questions.
• Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the computer system and operates available technology.
• Operates cash register, including cash, checks, and charge transactions; bagging merchandise, insurance signature logs, and refers questions.
• Answers phone calls, customer inquiries and refers medical questions to the pharmacist.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Education or Equivalent Experience:
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.