Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Technician V (Molecular Pathology)
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 151491
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Day Shift
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Molecular Pathology Laboratory provides testing in the areas of genetics, oncology, and infectious disease. The Technician V position in the Molecular Pathology Laboratory is for the motivated, knowledge seeking individual who can work both independently and in collaboration with a team of people to assist in producing quick, accurate test results. They are responsible for the receipt, quality assessment, log-in and elementary billing affairs of specimens entering the laboratory in addition to light administrative work. The successful candidate should be professional, with high level multitasking and time management capabilities, superb communication skills, and excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Functions as the representative of the laboratory, answering phone calls and questions from customers and assisting the manger, supervisor and technologists with daily operations and workflow. Is professional in all actions and appearance. Demonstrates a personal commitment to ensuring a clean and safe working environment. Maintains the confidentiality of health information on all patients.
- Performs appropriately requested processing on a variety of clinical specimens for laboratory testing. Maintains the confidentiality of health information on all patients; checks for multiple identifiers on every sample. Adheres to best laboratory practices.
- Triages, accessions, organizes and prepares samples upon receipt. Checks samples for appropriateness of testing; notifies clinicians of sample issues; organizes sample storage.
- Participates in inter-departmental collaboration to ensure proper receipt, testing, and ordering of samples.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures. Performs other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Associate of Arts or Science (Required)
- Biological Sciences or comparable
and 2+ years Working in a high throughput, high-complexity testing laboratory
- Bachelor of Arts or Science, preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE