Job ID: 147847
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 30, 2022
Work Schedule: 8hr Days
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Responsible for administrative and educational support within the Division of Precision and Computational Diagnostics. This position is responsible for providing administrative support for several faculty members and staff with calendar management, updating curriculum vitae (CV), assisting with reimbursements, scheduling meetings and other administrative tasks. This position will also directly support the Molecular Genetic Pathology (MGP) Fellowship program by acting as Program Coordinator. This person will help manage the day-to-day operations of the program and serve as an important liaison with learners, faculty, and other staff members, and the ACGME. The program coordinator will assist the program director in accreditation efforts, educational programming, and support of fellows.
The successful candidate will be organized, resourceful, take initiative and demonstrate excellent follow-through. Must be articulate and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. The candidate must be comfortable with multi-tasking with close attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness. Excellent computer skills; highly experienced in Windows operating system and Microsoft Office suite including Teams, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. The MGP fellowship program coordinator is a member of the leadership team and is critical to the success of the program. As such, the program coordinator must possess skills in leadership and personnel management. Experience with Graduate Medical Education (GME) administration is preferred.
· Compilation and submission of expenses for travel, subscriptions, memberships, and books for reimbursements in a timely fashion
· Update faculty curriculum vitae and entering information into the UPenn FEDS system
· Proofreading and formatting letters with attention to details and grammar and punctuation
· Maintain multiple calendars/schedules, updating Qgenda as needed
· Answer and screen all phone calls. Take appropriate messages or delegate calls to proper support staff
· Make travel and lodging arrangements
· Create and maintain complex schedules
· Communicate effectively with faculty, trainees, and laboratory staff
· Submit RTPs as needed
· Other administrative duties as required to support divisional needs
· Administrative responsibilities related to management of the MGP fellowship
I believe this role requires 20% effort. Wording pulled from GME documents for personnel.
H.S Diploma AND 3+ years of experience. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
COMMUNICATION: Ability to communicate with internal and external constituents
OTHER: Ability to follow oral and written instructions
TECHNOLOGY: Ability to use Microsoft Word
TECHNOLOGY: Ability to use Microsoft Outlook
TECHNOLOGY: Ability to use Microsoft Excel
TECHNOLOGY: Ability to use Microsoft Power Point
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.