Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Operating Room Coordinator
Job ID: 151974
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 1, 2022
Work Schedule: 8hr Days
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Works with Clinical Director for daily OR assignments of anesthesia faculty members, house staff, and CRNAs. Liaison with numerous departments (cardiology, emergency medicine, radiology, etc.) that require anesthesia services on an urgent or emergent basis. Makes quick decisions regarding communications to ensure prompt response to clinical emergency or patient need. Triages numerous phone calls that require considerable professionalism and judgement from distress patients or various departmental liaisons. Also acts as a crucial part of the departmental disaster plan protocol needed to provide rapid mobilization in the event of a natural or terrorism-related catastrophe. Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
- Provides administrative support to the Clinical Director.
- Prepares daily draft of operating room assignments for anesthesia personnel for subsequent approval by the clinical and education directors of the Department of Anesthesia.
- Provides communication support (telephone/pager/facsimile data) from Patient care areas and professional staff to anesthesiologist functioning as the daily operating room coordinator
- Provides communication link between Department of Anesthesia faculty, residents, and CRNAs with regards to clinical responsibilities.
- Types and generates reports, letters, and statistical data for OR and patient related matters as required by anesthesia personnel delivering patient care.
- Communicates operating room related clinical advisories or warnings and emergency messages from HUP Administration to anesthesia personnel.
- Maintain files for and displays as needed, documentation of anesthesia related emergency procedures and special situation protocols, list of available personnel and contact numbers.
- Provide administrative and functional support for clinical trial equipment to include: scheduling training for service equipment, manage paperwork and work with equipment sales representatives.
- Maintain and review clinical protocol paperwork with new employees.
- Collect compliance and billing related documents.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 3+ years A combination of education and experience will be considered.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE