This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 149540
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: To Be Determined
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
The Department of the Physical Plant at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania is seeking an Energy Manager to support the University of Pennsylvania Health System:
Develops and coordinates all functions relating to the procurement and consumption of utilities within the UPHS Health System at various Hospital Entities including but not limited to: HUP, PAH, and PPMC.
• In collaboration with the University, develops a forward strategy that places the Health System in the best position to obtain favorable rates, terms and conditions for the procurement of utilities.
• Analyzes building systems to determine extent of conservation opportunities; suggesting changes in system operations, systems configurations, and other changes that will affect economics of operation.
• Responsibility for developing and managing the Utility Budgets and FY Projections.
• Analyzes utility data for accuracy and keeps the various entities informed of any deviations from the budget.
• Timely provides accurate data and assumptions monthly to the various Entities to assist with month end close.
• Provides explanations regarding any variances in cost or usage to Finance as requested.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
Bachelor's Degree with extensive energy management experience is preferred. The ideal candidate will have an Engineering degree, BSEE or BSME, with extensive HVAC and Electrical experience in an institutional setting.
The ideal candidate will have P.E., or C.E.M. License.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.