Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Job ID: 151466
Category: Customer Service/Patient Access
Work Type: FT
Location: Limerick, PA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 1, 2022
Work Schedule: Full Time
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine Limerick Gastroenterology
- The Surgery Scheduler supports the practice in being responsible for scheduling all surgeries for the department and coordinates all activities with appropriate members of surgical team, hospital admissions and OR. Ensures that all surgery ancillary coordination and OR capacity is provided to the physicians. Schedules office visits ensuring that the physician's and advanced practice providers clinic schedule are properly utilized.
- Establishes positive relationships with patients by demonstrating knowledge of patient history with practice, treating them with compassion and responding to their individual needs
- Focuses practice on patient needs by communicating patient information to practice employees as appropriate
- Informs patient of care and follow-up as appropriate
- Advises patients about office policies and procedures; returns patient phone calls as defined by the practice
- Receives surgery information from doctor and advises patient on doctor availability
- Obtains accurate insurance information for insurance verification and pre-certification as needed
- Assists patient with and verifies various medial forms related to scheduled surgery - serves as witness to signed consents as directed
- Obtains and records all required information from treating physician
- Processes patient/procedure history information for patient and surgeon
- Contacts OR to schedule surgery arranges required preadmission and/or radiology testing then relays the information to the patient
- Notifies all necessary departments of upcoming surgery using pre-established communication channels
- Contacts insurance company for patient’s eligibility and coverage and completes insurance verification
- Completes all required forms for internal and external departments; sends completed history & physical and consents to hospital per practice procedure
- Explains to patient self-pay liability then consults with Billing Dept. to set up payment plans
- Accurately updates OR schedule/copies and distributes to appropriate staff
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 1+ years related medical office experience required OR 2+ years insurance verification experience in a healthcare setting.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE