Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 149563
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 2, 2022
Work Schedule: 8hr Days
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- This highly responsible position provides extensive managerial and administrative support for senior faculty and administrative leaders in the Department of Neurology. Under minimal supervision, this individual will need to use considerable judgment, creativity and analysis in designing, interpreting and implementing procedures which emphasize expediency and responsiveness to effective decision making. Support includes but is not limited to independent project work, calendar management, document preparation/distribution, frequent and clear communication across department and entity.
- Provide extensive and complex administrative support to the faculty and administrative leaders
- o Perform administrative duties
- Calendar management for faculty
- Coordinate meetings
- Take minutes for committee work
- Follow-up on committee work
- Assists in maintaining project files, tracking documents, status reports and other documentation.
- Demonstrates the ability to problem solve and diffuse difficult situations tactfully.
- Responds to customer/department requests and complaints in a professional and timely manner.
- Coordinate travel and reimbursements
- o Tracking the timely return of completed documents
- o Printing letters on letterhead and retrieving signatures from physicians
- o Preparing documents for mailing
- o Gather, organize and disseminate materials for lectures
- o Screen inquiries, answer telephone calls; respond to inquiries and provide information as appropriate
- o Receive and assist visitors, referring them to the appropriate individuals
- o Index and file correspondence, records and reports
- o Maintain calendar on computerized software and arrange travel and meetings
- o Assist with the incorporation of new physicians
- o Retrieve and copy articles/references for physicians, as needed
- o Exercise considerable judgment, creativity and analysis in designing, interpreting and implementing office procedures to maintain smooth, continuous operations of the office.
- o Maintain strictest confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned
- Non-Essential Functions
- o Back-up to administrative staff as needed
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Associate of Arts or Science
- Healthcare or related field
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 5+ years High Level Administrative Assistant Role
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE