Job ID: 143117
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Sep 6, 2022
Work Schedule: Full-Time Days, 7A-7P
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Are you an experienced Emergency Medicine Registered Nurse leader looking for an exciting opportunity? Join a Dynamic ER Team with Penn Medicine at Penn Medicine Princeton Health!
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is seeking a Full-Time Assistant Nurse Manager to join the Emergency Department in Plainsboro, NJ.
The Assistant Nurse Manager - RN is responsible for the direct supervision of nursing staff which is accomplished by: maintaining open lines of communication with staff and management; providing resource information as requested and overseeing the delivery of safe and clinically competent nursing care that is evidenced based.
Some job functions and duties will include, but not limited to:
• Responsible for the day to day managerial functions of the unit, under the direction of the Nurse Manager. Includes interviewing and hiring; counseling employees and follow through of the disciplinary process, with appropriate documentation; completing performance appraisals in a timely manner and being actively involved in assuring completion of the monthly staff schedule.
• Acts as a role model and mentor for staff in the clinical setting. Responsible for clinical practices on unit as demonstrated by creating patient care assignments which address patient acuity and staff skill set; supervising and acting as resource for staff and routinely evaluating appropriateness of care rendered by staff with follow up as needed.
• Maintain open communication with staff via scheduled shift meetings; maintains good relationships with other departments and nursing units and promptly and effectively resolves problems and complaints.
• Assists unit educator and nurse manager in planning formal orientation program for new staff by assigning preceptor for orientee, following up on orientation goals and checklists and regularly evaluating whether orientee is achieving set goals.
• Responsible for personal development by planning and implementing annual goals and objectives, in conjunction with Nurse Manager’s input, to assure maintenance of clinical competency and enhanced knowledge of managerial concepts. Supports Nurse Manager in guiding and directing staff in a competent and professional manner.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) required or in pursuit of
Related Work Experience:
• A minimum of 3 years of Emergency Room nursing experience - required.
Licensure, Certification or Registration Requirements:
• Active Registered Nurse License in the state of NJ.
• Basic Life Saving Certificate (BLS) - required
• ACLS Certificate - required
• PALS - required (within 1 year of hire)
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.