Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Education Coordinator, Graduate Medical Education
Job ID: 144920
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 7, 2022
Work Schedule: 8:30AM–5:00PM, M-F | Remote Flexibility
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Under the direction of the GME Directors and Associate Dean for GME, the Education Coordinator is responsible for independently and accurately managing the day to day operations of the GME Office's management and oversight of all UPHS nonaccredited GME fellowships (approximately 85; including those identified as "non-standard training [NST] programs by the ACGME with J-1 visa holders), rotators (residents and fellows from other ACGME accredited GME programs doing rotations at HUP/PPMC, including all CHOP rotations to UPHS, observerships (individuals not in ACGME accredited GME programs) doing rotations at HUP/PPMC, and all Mercy Catholic Medical Center residents rotators for HUP Cedar inpatient services. There are approximately 550 rotators per year. The individual is responsible for smooth flow of planning, preparation and execution of activities relating to these individuals. The Education Coordinator will serve as a primary resource for all house staff, program coordinators, and program directors as it relates to their educational responsibilities. This position works closely with the Director of Graduate Medical Education and other Medical Education Coordinators to provide support for the timely, efficient and effective administration for all education programs. Due to changes in ACGME requirements for NST programs, all such programs need full review of their curriculum, program director appointment, and policies (vacation and leave, supervision, assessment/evaluation, etc). The Education Program Director will work closely with the GME Directors, Associate Dean for GME, and others to ensure timely processing of all required documents for this oversight.
- Working under limited supervision, the GME Educational Program Coordinator's responsibilities include planning, scheduling, and implementation of programs and assistance with general work of the GME Office as deemed necessary by the Director of Graduate Medical Education and Associate Dean for GME. Manage and coordinate GME related educational programs for house staff program coordinators and faculty. Coordinate meetings and projects pertaining to GME. Serve as GME liaison between UPHS facilities and major affiliated institutions. Requires interaction with large number of constituent groups including faculty, house staff, program coordinators, administration and corporate.
- Must use initiative, professional judgment, and exercise discretion. Must be able to work independently under minimal supervision in a fast-paced professional academic environment with highly sensitive data. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet demanding deadlines. Ability to prioritize with excellent communication and organization skills is required. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams and One Drive) is required. Hours of work need to be flexible based on the needs of the program, and may change during certain times of the year. This position will require on site presence at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and will require adaptability in work locations and responsibilities as scheduled.
- Independently coordinates activities and duties relating to non-ACGME accredited and other GME programs
- This position requires close collaboration with the Graduate Medical Education Director.
- Develops and implements new processes and assesses current protocols
- Advanced knowledge of ACGME accredited and non-ACGME accredited requirements and regulations as well as Penn Medicine GME and OMA policies
- Provides reporting related to accreditation, education activities and program requirements
- Accountabilities include the following Education Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Coordinates daily administrative operations for the non-ACGME accredited GME programs, under the direction of the Graduate Medical Education Director. This position requires collaboration with the education team, GME office, subspecialty program directors and other department personnel.
- Coordinates functions relating to house staff on-boarding, licensing, orientation and trainings, rotations and compliance.
- Facilitate processes relating to non-ACGME accredited programs recruitment match (i.e. NRMP)
- Maintains proficiency in MedHub trainee management suite, ensures data is complete, accurate and up to date; Generates various reports as requested.
- Coordinates processes for all incoming rotators and observers
- Various administrative tasks related to GME programs, as directed by the Director for Graduate Medical Education.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
- High School Diploma/GED (Required) and 6+ years experience in Graduation Medical Education
- Bachelor's Degree (Required) and 2+ years experience in Graduation Medical Education.
Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams and One Drive)
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision in a fast-paced professional academic environment with highly sensitive data
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, with excellent time management to meet demanding deadlines
- Must take initiative and exercise discretion and professional and confidential communication
- Ability to prioritize with excellent communication and organization skills is required
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of the education team
- Hours of work need to be flexible based on the needs of the programs, and may change during certain times of the year
- Require adaptability in work locations and responsibilities
- Must be detail orientated and organized
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE