Job ID: 150989
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Sep 7, 2022
Work Schedule: Night Shift 7pm-7am
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is looking for a full-time Registered Nurse looking to work as an Obstetrics Coordinator.
The Obstetrics Coordinator is a registered professional nurse who is administratively and clinically responsible for the efficient coordination of patient care activities under the direction of the MCH managers and director. Obstetric Coordinators are responsible for the delivery of safe, customer-focused, efficient care during their shift, in accordance with nationally accepted standards of nursing care and practice, and monitors standards established by the Joint Commission and other regulatory bodies. Responsible to support, teach, encourage all clinical staff, and monitor patient care. Will keep the nursing managers or department directors informed of any issues that need to be resolved by maintaining open lines of communication.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the day to day managerial functions of the unit, under the direction of the Nurse Managers. Directs all nursing staff on Mother Baby and Labor and Delivery, in collaboration with NICU, on assigned shift. Assigns personnel to units including floating and furloughing of staff.
2. Monitors OB throughput and bed management to ensure timely bed placement, triage, transfer, and OR availability.
3. Acts as a role model and mentor for staff in the clinical setting. Responsible for clinical practices on unit as demonstrated by creating patient care assignments which address patient acuity and staff skill set on Mother Baby and Labor and Delivery; supervising and acting as resource for staff and routinely evaluating appropriateness of care rendered by staff with follow up as needed.
4. Maintain open communication with staff; maintains good relationships with other departments and nursing units and promptly and effectively resolves problems and complaints.
5. Promotes effectiveness of risk management, hospital and regulatory compliance on the unit, by appropriate education, investigation and enforcement of hospital and regulatory policies and procedures.
6. Collaborates with the Nurse Manager and Educator to promote staff development and assure optimal patient outcomes including oversight of competency’s/education files and staff huddles.
7. Actively participates in multidisciplinary rounds and assures staff participation as well.
8. Supports customer service and patient/family satisfaction within department and outside of department within the standards set for hospital. Assures staff’s compliance with customer service standards of unit and the hospital.
9. Clinically competent to care for the mother baby couplet and to act in the nursery role in labor and delivery at minimum.
10. Have the ability to manage conflict while balancing stakeholders.
11. Processes the courage to make decisions and manage ambiguity.
12. Demonstrates critical thinking and problem solving skills.
● Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) required or in active pursuit of.
● Master’s degree preferred.
Related Work Experience
● At least 3-5 years of hospital experience working as an RN in Maternal Child Health required.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
● Active Registered Nurse License in the state of NJ.
● Basic Life Saving Certificate (BLS) – required.
● Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) – required.
● Newborn Resuscitation (NRP) - required.
● Specialty certification - required.We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.