Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Data Scientist, Predictive Analytics
Job ID: 149995
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 8, 2022
Work Schedule: 8:00AM-5:00PM, M-F | Hybrid
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- As part of the team charged with improving the delivery of Penn Medicine healthcare services using data, the Data Scientist will provide statistical analysis of medical claims. This position will function to make significant contributions related to claims analysis. This individual will jointly report to the Physician Leader and the Chief Data Scientist, and collaborate with the entire team.
- Extract, transform and load data from across platforms to prepare for data use by team.
- Create real-time dash boards for strategic planning.
- Plans and performs analysis of data across the enterprise; can provide conclusions based on data and show differences among parts of the operation using data.
- Demonstrates knowledge of data analysis and data modeling; Understands data governance; can use data to “tell a story” and to support recommendations from leadership group.
- As a data analyst works to increase the data understanding of others; advances the program in formal and informal ways.
- Work with others to ideate novel and interesting models to address business needs.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years of Claims analysis experience (Required)
- Master's Degree and 2+ years of Healthcare data analysis experience (Required)
Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of healthcare operations and data structures and the use of information system applications
- in the practicing healthcare environment
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities
- Proficient with database use including queries and reporting
- Working knowledge of R, Python and SQL
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Working knowledge of data science and machine learning libraries (e.g. caret, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Knowledge of Dashboarding tools like Power BI, Tableau or others (Preferred)
- Knowledge of Jupyter notebooks and git (Preferred)
- Prior experience with Medical and Medicare claims (p Prior experience with Medicare claims (Preferred)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE