Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Home Health Social Worker (MSW) - South Philadelphia
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 152385
Category: Social Work
Work Type: FT
Location: Bala Cynwyd, PA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 8, 2022
Work Schedule: M-F Day shift. Weekend & holiday rotation.
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Social Worker assists patients and families with medical related questions and concerns by providing individualized care planning, assessment, intervention and evaluation in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team. He/she will assist patients and families receiving medical home care services with support in obtaining needed services, resources and will guide the medical home care patient and family to transition to hospice service if appropriate. The Social Worker will help guide families through transitions in care and provide guidance and/or support in the completion of advance directives. He/she will work to understand and support struggling patients and families by using their understanding of the impacts of grief and loss.
- Communicates with patients and family members in a friendly, caring and informative manner.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately with co-workers, supervisors and other hospital and health system employees.
- Preserves confidentiality, privacy and dignity of patients and visitors, according to PMAH policy.
- Acts as a member of the team to the patient family and interdisciplinary staff.
- Anticipates probable patient /customer physical and emotional needs are met.
- Responds with empathy to patient, families and other staff members.
- Keeps current with new providers, new technologies and treatment modalities, and new resources using internet and other sources.
- Participates as part of an Interdisciplinary Team in the formulation and ongoing evaluation of an individualized, age-specific, culturally responsive Plan of Care for each patient and family.
- Assesses complex biopsychosocial systems and identifies patients and families at social or psychological risk.
- Car Insurance (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- LCSW or LSW (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Master of Science in Social Work (Required)
- Social Work
2+ years of post-Masters experience with 1-2 years of related experience (Required)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE