Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
PRN Medical Secretary - Pennsylvania Hospital
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 151770
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 8, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
**This position requires Daytime availability M-F.
Provides secretarial support in the department of the Operating Room; Assists in organizing/coordinating necessary functions contributing to efficient coordination of surgical services; Performance of duties contributing to orderly effective clerical responsibilities of the operating room.
- Includes patient/customer student satisfaction and initiatives, educational and research initiatives, patient confidentiality.
- Demonstrates Professionalism within the framework of Relationship Based Care (Patient-Centered Care).
- Demonstrates Teamwork by displaying a cooperative relationship with co-workers by consistently treating others with respect and always using open and honest communication.
- Demonstrates Patient-Centered Care by showing courtesy, compassion, sensitivity and respect in all interactions with patients, visitors and other hospital personnel.
- Displays a cooperative attitude and responds with respect to directions and recommendations from supervisor.
- Supports ongoing improvement of client satisfaction: Returns phone calls and emails promptly. Attends meetings as requested. Is politically sensitive to clients/patients environment. Is knowledgeable in their area.
- Timeliness on completing projects Data provided is accurate and reliable.
- Identify the competencies required for each patient population that the employee works with (neonate, child, adolescent, young adult, middle adult and older adult) .
- Functions as primary liaison between the department and professional/medical staff/medical staff, nursing staff clinical staff, department visitors and community.
- Maintains an environment conducive to optimal departmental functioning.
- Provides receptionist support including but not limited to answering telephones, greeting visitors, patients, and physicians.
- Ensures that health information records are properly obtained, duplicated, assembled and maintained.
- Facilitates admission process when necessary by verifying patient demographic information and obtaining bed assignment.
- Maintains competency in computer technology related to word processing, surgery scheduling and billing process.
- Serves as a liaison to patient support services to coordinate in-house escort, CPD, admissions, etc.
- Confidentially manages departmental information in an appropriate time frame.
- Uses effective interpersonal skills in all interactions
- Performs duties and exhibits behaviors consistent with care philosophy of Pennsylvania Hospital
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- One year medical secretary experience required.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE