Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Job ID: 152195
Work Type: FT
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 8, 2022
Work Schedule: Full-time Day Shift
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- A professional Sonographer who works closely with physicians, nurses and cardiologists to accurately diagnose medical disorders and perform high quality Cardiac Ultrasound studies, including Transthoracic Echocardiograms (TTE), Stress Echocardiograms (SE, DOB SE) with and without pharmacologic agents, assists physicians in Transesophageal Echocardiograms (TEE) and specialty exams which would include either Pediatric Echocardiograms or Vascular Ultrasound utilizing current technologies.
- Perform adult cardiac ultrasound exams (TTE, TEE, SE and DOB SE) following a set protocol according to guidelines and standards set by Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) and the American Society of Echocardiography (ASE).
- Specialty Exams:
- Perform pediatric cardiac ultrasound exams on neonates, pediatrics and adolescents following a set protocol set by the laboratory; or
- Perform vascular ultrasound exams including carotid ultrasound, upper and lower extremities, ultrasound guidance, aorta, ABI/PVR following protocols set by the laboratory.
- Demonstrates the correct use of the controls to enhance the image quality to optimize visualization of all structures.
- Accurately perform all necessary calculations needed for diagnosis of cardiovascular abnormalities, have a clear understanding of all disease states.
- Understands when to activate a CRITICAL FINDINGS worksheet and follows through on the procedure.
- Explain the procedure to the patient in a clear and concise manner so that patient fully understands. Able to maintain a calm demeanor during all phases of exams.
- Able to assist the physician with software programs on the Ultrasound systems for trouble shooting or selecting images at the end of exams.
- Demonstrates the ability to access the Centricity Report system. Enters all pertinent data and technologist interpretation filling in all required fields.
- Demonstrate the ability to access the electronic patient log (pre and post exam)-enter the appropriate information for the correct patient and type of exam. Enters all pertinent data.
- Observes and reports promptly to the Department Supervisor or Biomedical Department unusual occurrences or malfunctions of equipment.
- Properly cleans the TEE probe following the procedure according to lab protocol.
- Maintains and cleans laboratory or ultrasound equipment on a daily basis or as needed.
- Make sure adequate supplies are kept, by maintaining an ongoing inventory system.
- Provide customer service, demonstrating a cheerful friendly manner while on duty.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for actions.
- Flexible in work assignments, accepts changes in assignments in the spirit of good teamwork. Displays positive attitude, addresses conflicts privately, treats others with respect/dignity.
- Keep inservices, training, credentials current and is competent with Informational Technology skills as it relates to this position.
- ARDMS or CCI (Required)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Associate of Arts or Science (Required)
- 3+ years experience in the field
1+ years experoence as a Cardiac Sonographer
- Graduate of an accredited cardiac ultrasound training program
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE