Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Lead Application Analyst - Lab IS
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 129290
Category: Information Services/Technology/Service Desk/Telecom
Work Type: FT
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Work Schedule: 8:00AM-4:30PM, M-F | Remote flexibility
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Responsible for leading multiple cross-functional work teams relating to the development and support of Lab Information Systems (LIS), application solutions that achieve successful performance goals, and overseeing project plans to ensure milestones and project deliverables are met.
- Develop working knowledge of LIS systems and business processes and be able to identify process improvement initiatives and targeted opportunities for improvements in the application. Lead a team of individuals through an application project(s), provide instruction on various technical topics to other team members, assist in educating/training new hires, manage a Lab IS application project through the entire project life cycle while meeting project deadlines and initiatives, and monitoring a project plan while reporting project changes and status to their immediate supervisor and staff. Coordinate and lead the development of new functionality, testing and implementing scheduled vendor releases and system upgrades, and fixing system defects. Support the change management procedures and protocols for the department, support and maintain all policies and procedures for all assigned applications, and develop, plan, and execute testing for supported applications. Communicate all necessary application changes, enhancements, and procedures to all necessary internal department teams. Monitor and lead team adherence to established policies and procedures. Work with immediate supervisor for planning and ensuring professional development initiatives are met within the team. Work with Lab IS team members to help and support the managing of prioritized projects.
- Delivers customer service to IS (Information Services) and operational clients seamlessly across system boundaries.
- Ensures safety, confidentiality & security of employee and patient data.
- Leads cross-functional team members to determine and define specific analytical and technical systems information requirements, objectives and solution sets for the enhancements and configuration of the application.
- Leads team members through the project management life cycle to ensure that overall progress and management of application project tasks are on track.
- Clearly articulates problems, issues, and potential solutions to team members, clients and organizational administration.
- Promptly identifies, documents, and resolves problems with system functionality.
- Adheres to strict implementation project schedules, and handles multiple assignments.
- Clearly communicates problems, issues and potential solutions to team members, clients and immediate supervisor.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
- Vendor certification (Preferred)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (Required); preferably in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience with applications, healthcare IT or Lab IS teams (Required)
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to troubleshoot, research and solve technically challenging problems involving integrated systems
- Detail oriented, strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills required
- Ability to analyze, diagnose, suggest and implement process changes
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to follow through issues to resolution
- Ability to interact with multiple teams and individuals, including IT, vendors, consulting, clinicians, clinical
- administrators, etc.
- Strong with process improvement and project management skills
- Ability to successfully lead multiple projects and personnel
- Must be able to function as part of a team providing a high level of quality service to clients
- Knowledge of healthcare operations and data structures and the use of lab information system applications in the practicing healthcare environment (Preferred)
- LIS applications Lead experience in either an application support or implementation role (Preferred)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE