Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Population Health Outreach Manager
Job ID: 152516
Category: Quality/Performance Improvement
Work Type: FT
Location: Bala Cynwyd, PA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 9, 2022
Work Schedule: 8:00AM-4:30PM, M-F | Hybrid
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Population Health Outreach Manager is responsible for leading the definition, planning and delivery of centralized population health outreach programs to patients that require cross-functional collaboration and management of interdependencies between a group of projects and/or related activities within the constraint of scope, quality, time and budget. The Population Health Outreach Manager will provide management for multiple projects related to population health, and health care delivery innovation across over 100 primary care practices across Penn Medicine Medical Group (including Southeastern Pennsylvania, Central and Southern New Jersey). Working within the Primary Care Service Line and in partnership with the Penn Medicine Center for Health Care Innovation to improve health care delivery initiatives in partnership with clinical operations at the health system. This centralized program will provide direct outreach to primary care patients across the health system related to preventive health activities such as colorectal and breast cancer screening. The Population Health Outreach Manager will manage protocol development, set-up, and implementation; data collection via electronic processes, data and database management and quality assurance activities; document development and management; development, tracking and management of budget; tracking and management of reported incidents and adverse events; communicates regularly with leadership on progress.
- Responsible for both strategic planning and day to day management of a complex population health program conducted with collaborators both internal and external to Penn.
- Procure a clear understanding of population health quality metrics/goals, while tracking and evaluating important outcomes
- Maintain wide-ranging understanding of data analytics and data interpretation, mainly using electronic health record data
- Work with business and technical organizational partners to assemble project teams, drive program strategy and approach.
- Organize, plan, and maintain Program roadmap consisting of cross-functional activities/projects.
- Lead program team in the development and maintenance of comprehensive plans for a defined program.
- Work with Executive Sponsors and Business Owners of a Program, and other management as required, to achieve the Program objectives.
- Acquire understanding of the business objectives from multiple stakeholders
- Monitor, evaluate and report on Program status inclusive of scope, schedule, budget and alignment to Program and strategic goals.
- Direct corrective action as needed to maintain the viability of the Program.
- Develop and maintain positive customer/stakeholder relationships.
- Deliver presentations of project status to effectively communicate throughout the project lifecycle, while functioning independently in carrying out most responsibilities.
- Adhere to project management methods, project lifecycle methodologies, and audit requirements.
- Support and contribute to the improvement of project management methods and practices.
- Hire and manage a small team focused on implementing population health activities, as well as collaborate with key partners across the Primary Care Service Line and health system (Information Services, Marketing, Billing/ Regulatory).
- Work with the Innovation Center to develop, evaluate, and scale new preventive health programs.
- Project Management Professional Certification (Preferred)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (Required); Master's Degree (Preferred)
- 5+ years related project / program experience; experience in population health required.
- Healthcare/EMR experience (Preferred)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE