Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 152436
Category: Business Process Improvement
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 12, 2022
Work Schedule: Per departmental needs
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Department: Operations, Clinical Practices of the University of Pennsylvania Healthcare System
- Provides pointed operational, business process, workflow, and data analysis consulting services to Practice Managers, Clinical Division Administrators, Directors of Operations, Service Line COOs, and Senior Executive Leadership across more than 200 Practices across the Clinical Practices of The University of Pennsylvania (CPUP). Conduct Practice Operations Assessments in concert with departmental and senior leadership and participate in committees engaged in process improvement initiatives within our outpatient faculty practice organization. Analyze workflows and contribute to the team's ability to provide meaningful advice to leadership through its efforts to improve cost effectiveness and increase operational efficiency at the departmental and Ambulatory Services levels.
- Coordinate, plan, develop and implement procedures and projects to support the department using an understanding of procedures and systems employed in assigned areas
- Identify and analytically support opportunities for improved services, controlled expenses, increased volumes, improved profitability, and positive patient experience through the design, development and implementation of programs that are customized for the unique needs of our clients. Develop operating goals including standards of performance and methods of monitoring and appraising functional unit performance, and control systems for operational management and resource control.
- Support and facilitate cross-functional unit committees addressing organizational operating policies and procedures and program planning by providing staff support for functional unit administrator committees and project teams.
- Assess status or problems and develop plans of action for proposed changes and outcomes in concert with the client and the CPUP Operations Team in alignment with the goals and objectives of senior leadership.
- Develop and maintain records, reports and provide decision support to senior leadership.
- Coordinate programs and special projects both independently and cooperatively with staff ensuring completion of projects in a timely fashion.
- Serves as internal consultant for development of departmental priorities, budgets and volume variances.
- Roll out scheduling and registration-related projects to the CPUP practices, which includes an outcomes driven approach to work planning, overall project management and ongoing monitoring. Support new practice and physician set-up (e.g. master schedule development, protocols, dictionary work).
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- 2+ years relevant experience
- Master of Arts or Science
- MBA, MPH, MHA
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE