The Cancer Service Line Shared Services Clinics at the Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine have developed a per diem Certified Nursing Assistant program in order to support the transition of CNAs desiring to work directly in the outpatient oncology setting.
Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) work under the direct supervision of RNs and support numerous fast-paced, high volume areas of the hospitals and practices within UPHS by delivering high quality care to patients and families through collaboration and communication with his/her team. Tasks include, but are not limited to, the following: taking, recording and monitoring vital signs; lifting and turning patients; providing O2 therapy and reporting acute changes in ventilation and circulation; promoting infection control and safety by maintaining a clean and safe work and patient environment; and meeting patients’ personal hygiene needs and assisting with ADLs.
• The Cancer Service Line Shared Services Clinics are seeking multiple per diem CNAs to join our expanding Abramson Cancer Center clinics at the Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine.
• Desired candidates will be highly dedicated and extremely motivated individuals with a passion for oncology in the outpatient setting.
• The per diem CNA program requires a commitment of at least one 8-hour shift per 2 week pay period. Willingness to pick up additional time beyond the minimum commitment is preferred. The Abramson Cancer Center is open during normal business hours, 5 days a week, Monday to Friday.
• Per Diem CNAs will be trained to perform the essential functions of an ambulatory oncology nursing assistant, such as: pre-visit intake and vital signs, telehealth clinical support, procedural assistance, ambulatory patient flow management, and assistance with ADLs for the ambulatory patient.
• This program is ideal for nursing students enrolled in a BSN program who are looking to gain experience in the practice of clinical oncology care within an outpatient cancer care clinic.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- CNA or NAREG (Required)
- CNA Certification by the State of Pennsylvania or RN without a BSN Degree.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- H.S. Diploma/GED Required.
- Matriculated in an accredited BSN Nursing Program preferred; minimally completed the nursing foundations/fundamentals clinical course with a 3.0 GPA overall and in the nursing major.