Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Director Ambulatory Nursing - Penn Medicine, Radnor Surgery Center
Job ID: 150375
Work Type: FT
Location: Radnor, PA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 12, 2022
Work Schedule: M-F
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Individual is responsible for the overall clinical operation of the Radnor Surgery Center (RSC). The Director of Ambulatory Nursing supports the delivery of highest quality care by the clinical staff, shares a passion for patient and customer centered care, and assists in meeting or exceeding patient satisfaction and financial and operational targets.
- In this capacity, the incumbent must ensure quality patient care and patient, physician and staff satisfaction. The Director of Ambulatory Nursing as the Infection Control Officer and Patient Safety Officer for the RSC, works collaboratively with the ASF Administrator and Medical Director to ensure safe, quality care is delivered to all patients in the RSC.
- Responsible for the overall clinical operations of the RSC.
- Participates in the monitoring of patient satisfaction with the department.
- Demonstrates courtesy and respect for patients, visitors, and employees to fulfill the service mission.
- Continually monitors clinical operating procedures and proactively implements action to assure ongoing quality improvement.
- Resolves all patient complaints. Implements action to minimize recurrence.
- Maintains exemplary relationships with staff using positive and constructive feedback, open lines of communication, and assists in problem solving in daily operational activities of staff.
- Establishes patient focused performance expectations by creating clearly defined performance goals and measures.
- Participates in entity and department wide initiatives for Patient/ Employee safety when carrying out daily responsibilities of their position.
- Validation of annual competencies required for the position
- Develops ongoing monitoring program in connection with Infection Control and QAPI Programs.
- Manages and supervises the delivery of care by the nursing and para-professional staff. Utilizes available staff to provide optimal delivery of care.
- Makes assessment and develops plans for effective utilization of staff. Develops standard staffing guidelines with nursing staff and assists staff as needed with scheduling.
- Ensures delivery of patient care is safe, competent, and individualized within the guidelines and policies at the RSC/HUP.
- Develop policies and procedures for outpatient services within the guidelines of the institution, nursing practice and licensure
- Responsible for ensuring clinic services are provided in safe, efficient, and competent manner. Developing/updating present systems and monitoring for clinic flow, equipment maintenance, supply availability, environmental safety, and etc.
- Maintain ongoing and effective communication with administration and director.
- Providing ongoing assessment of needs with consideration of future directions for clinical services, capacity for patient services, and staffing needs. Direct involvement in strategic planning for future expansion related to the program.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Provides supervision and direction to nursing staff. (Directs, supervises and coordinates specific functions and activities of the clinical staff as required including management, human resources, support services and patient flow.)
- Ensures DOH, TJC and regulatory requirements are met and provides direction and education to staff to maintain compliance with standards.
- Medication Security and Safety: ensures that all Health system policies and regulatory compliance standards are met regarding medications on site.
- Delegates duties to appropriate staff according to licensure and training. Oversees the work of the clinical staff in the practice. Instructs clinical staff on any new procedures.
- Develops and implements process for appropriate triage of all clinical calls. Responds to/refers incoming patient treatment-related phone calls. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions. Fallows basic triage guidelines as outlined in nursing resource and as appropriate for the care of RSC patients.
- Ensures optimal patient flow. Addresses needs of practice and operational issues to administrator.
- Works with the Administrator in Charge to achieve optimal patient flow.
- May participate in patient care as needed, determines patient schedules and staffing levels.
- Ensures appointment preferences are given to patients in urgent situations. Works with coordinators/schedulers to ensure patient needs are met.
- Maintains/reviews patient records. Charts all contact with patients.
- Assists new clinical staff. Provides training, education and ensures readiness and end of orientation session.
- Orders clinical supplies/equipment and/or provides oversight of ordering requisitions maintaining adequate inventory while focusing on cost-containment and budgetary controls.
- Participates in nursing and medical conferences and activities (nursing care conferences and clinical conferences).
- Serves as a teacher and role model for nursing staff and students, secretarial and ancillary staff.
- Maintains infection control practices for area. Serves as the Infection Control Specialist for the RSC. Required certification and training. Liaison with the HUP Infection Control Consultant.
- Responsible for assuring that all personnel follow appropriate infection control practices and educates staff as needed.
- Registered Nurse - PA (Required)
- Cert RN Operating Room (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Master of Arts or Science
5+ years Management experience in Perioperative nursing
1+ years Experience in managing direct reports preferred
1+ years Recent direct financial management and accountability experience preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE