This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 148503
Category: Environmental/Linen Services
Work Type: FT
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 13, 2022
Work Schedule: Full Time Night Shift
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
General Summary Statement
Cleans and service facility building areas, moves furniture, equipment and supplies around facility. Performs a variety of Environmental Services duties to maintain the
facility in an orderly and sanitary condition. In absence of the supervisor, the Housekeeper III prioritizes and assigns tasks to staff as needed. This position is responsible for radio communication on weekends, evenings and nights as needed with the switchboard and Housekeeping Department staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1) Team Lead Responsibilities
a) Prioritizes tasks and assigns them to Housekeeping Staff
b) Distributes supplies to staff
c) Delegates SOS request in a timely manner when received from the switchboard.
d) Responsible for radio communication on weekends, evenings or as needed with the switchboard and Housekeeping Staff
e) Insures all forms are filled out and returned to proper bin at the end of the shift.
2) Communicates with supervisor when needed i.e. service problems, concerns, emergencies etc.
3) Performs all cleaning, floor care and project assignments within area of responsibility or as directed by supervisor.
4) Unit Rooms and Space Cleaning
a) Properly assembles necessary cleaning supplies and equipment and transports them to the necessary area.
b) Clean all horizontal and vertical surfaces (i.e. light fixtures, top of windows door frames, picture frames, chart holders, fire hose cabinets.
c) Change cubicle curtains/drapes as needed. Remove washes and rehang blinds.
d) Remove trash and linen from all areas of the hospital.
e) Clean patient rooms and bathrooms/fixtures upon discharge 30-minute turnaround time.
5) Demonstrates knowledge of department policies and procedures.
6) Demonstrates knowledge and efficient use of cleaning techniques, solutions, equipment and tools.
7) Performs related services, such as bed moves, changing mattresses, stocking supplies, etc.
8) Maintains high standards; works steadily at efficient pace; achieves high QA score.
9) Responds rapidly and thoroughly to emergencies, special needs, spills, etc.
10) Maintains equipment, tools and storage areas in clean, orderly and good operating condition. Respects Hospital and Company property.
11) Interacts hospitably, cheerfully and supportively with staff, patients, visitors and work colleagues.
12) Honors department’s attendance, break, behavior, dress and safety codes.
13) Exercises good judgment while working around patients and visitors. Remains professional at all times.
14) Takes initiative in rendering service or responding to needs.
15) Assists other associates as necessary. Responds to direction as provided.
Education Training and Experience
Minimum one year experience providing quality housekeeping services in a hospital or institutional environment such as a college or school or within the hospitality industry
High School education or GED equivalent preferred but not required. Ability to read and write. Excellent interpersonal skills.We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.