Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Assistant Executive Director of Facilities, PPMC
Job ID: 152495
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 13, 2022
Work Schedule: 8:00AM-4:30PM, M-F | Onsite
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Reporting to the Associate Executive Director and COO for PPMC, the Assistant Executive Director of Facilities will be responsible for providing operational and administrative oversight for all aspects of maintaining the Penn Presbyterian Medical Center campus physical plant including oversite of all contracted services for the maintenance and upkeep of all hospital/ambulatory buildings and spaces. The scope includes, but is not limited to: facility repairs, engineering, grounds, space requests/utilization, building flow, utilities management and construction project management. In addition, the individual will interface with corporate services as needed to support the good operation of PPMC's buildings, satellite facilities and rental spaces. The role is also responsible to manage the property rental agreements for PPMC, both on campus and at various PPMC satellite locations.
- This position will ensure all PPMC spaces meet regulatory, quality, and infectious disease standards incorporating evidence based findings, nationally recognized professional standards and other relevant data into all policies, procedures, plans and documentation governing delivery of clinical care and services. The Assistant Executive Director of Facilities will provide support for the oversight for Campus Master Plan as well as space planning and provide Capital Project oversight for PPMC. The individual will do this in collaboration with PPMC leadership, medical leadership, key directors and service line leaders, and other stakeholders related to clinical program planning, safety, regulatory, and other initiatives. This position will also collaborate and coordinate major capital and building maintenance projects with Penn Medicine Corporate Real Estate, Design and Construction (REDC).
- Provides administrative leadership for the PPMC Engineering Department, including oversite of campus landscaping services.
- Provides leadership for Campus Master Planning for facilities related issues and implementation. Prepares and provides information for Capital planning.
- Oversees Space Management and assignment on campus following established policies.
- In collaboration with corporate REDC and PPMC Senior leadership, oversees all Construction projects.
- Collaborates with UPHS leadership, clinical leadership, and PPMC senior leadership in developing programs, services, and initiatives to anticipate future customer needs, helps build customer loyalty and generate growth.
- Sets standards and drives operational integration of programs by ensuring alignment of communication with his team.
- Ensures efficient economic performance through the setting of financial objectives through planning and controlling operational and capital project budgets.
- Provides regulatory oversight of the environment of care, including interface with State Department of Health, CMS or deemed authority (i.e., Joint Commission), local authorities having jurisdiction (i.e., City of Philadelphia) and utility companies (electrical, water, steam, etc.), funding agencies, FDA, OSHA, HIPAA & others.
- Interfaces with corporate services to manage leases and real estate for the PPMC, including acting as landlord for internal leases and private tenants, and acting as tenant for major programs for external lease agreements. Key interfaces are with Legal and Real Estate services.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
- Licensed professional in architecture or engineering
- Certified Health Facilities Manager (CHFM), or Senior (SASHE) recipient, or Fellow (FASHE) recipient.
- Certified Healthcare Constructor (CHC)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required); preferably in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, or similar technical area related to Facilities Management (Preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in Engineering, Architecture, and or Facilities Management (Required)
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Viewed as an expert by others in developing and executing quality improvement, exceeding benchmark unit-based quality measures.
- Shows strong learning agility, curiosity about new approaches, and ability to test and learn from experiences.
- Consistently creates an engaged environment for attracting, developing, and retaining a strong and diverse talent workforce, exceeding benchmark employee engagement scores.
- Achieves financial performance of the unit or department that exceeds goals or targets
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE