Job ID: 151872
Category: Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant
Work Type: PT 20+ HOURS
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 13, 2022
Work Schedule: Days
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Pennsylvania Hospital is looking for a part-time Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner to join our expanding inpatient post-partum team. As a provider on our Baby Friendly designated post-partum units, you will provide direct patient care services in collaboration with a collaborating physician to patients that have recently given birth, either vaginally or by C-section.
The Nurse Practitioner will be an integral member of the multidisciplinary team; performing physical exams, collecting and documenting data, ordering diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, prescribing appropriate interventions and medications, and providing education to patients and their families.
The Women’s Health NP works with the interdisciplinary team to ensure optimal patient care outcomes for this select group of patients and contributes to excellence in patient care, research, teaching, and provides leadership in the organization.
The CRNP will report directly to the Women's Health Lead. Oversight for the CRNP’s clinical practice will be provided by the Collaborating Physician. In addition, the CRNP will be accountable to the department for clinical outcomes and clinical productivity.
This individual will be working 40 hours biweekly, this position includes weekends and holidays.
Minimum Qualifications: Women's Health Certified. Pennsylvania Licensed. Active PA license at time of hire.
All CRNPs function under the guidelines as designed by the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center medical staff guidelines and are credentialed through that body. The CRNP will be held accountable through a formal job description, delineation of privileges, and through their agreement with their collaborating physician and a Collaborative Practice Agreement. All clinical work hours and associated requirements will be defined and managed under the direction of the collaborating physician/division designee, and within the Human Resource guidelines. The Nurse Practitioner contributes to excellence in education, leadership, professional contribution and practice.
Provides direct clinical care for patient population according to established protocols and utilizes evidence based practice standards in collaboration with team.
• Maintains accurate and confidential medical records. Documents all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatments, outcomes, education, referrals, and consultations consistent with organizational standards in the electronic health record (EHR).
• Identifies self properly to the patient and family.
• The nurse practitioner should function within their scope and refer to the collaborating physician when outside of scope, and/or directed by the collaborating physician or when requested by the patient and/or family.
• Performs interventions specific to assigned patient population and collaborative agreement.
• Participates in the performance improvement processes to meet quality of care and service standards.
• Demonstrates awareness of professional responsibility as role model to peers and members of the health care team.
• Perform approved therapeutic or diagnostic procedures based upon patient’s clinical status.
• Addresses patient and family concerns and creates a therapeutic relationship to provide support.
• Provide patient education, counseling and instruction regarding patient diagnosis, medical treatments, medications, and preventative care.
• Participate in and support accreditation, compliance and regulatory activities of the organization.
• Precept NP students and other health care learners.
• Identifies patient/family needs for community resources and refers appropriately.
Licenses/ Registrations and Certifications
PA and/or NJ RN licensure
PA and/or NJ CRNP licensure (CRNP) CRNP
PA and/or NJ Prescriptive Authority
National Board Certification
BLS/CPR, as a healthcare provider as per the American Heart Association (For providers in the ambulatory setting)
ACLS (For providers in the acute care setting)
Master's Degree Master's Degree or Doctor of Nursing Practice(DNP) in Nursing And 2+ years>2.5years of experience
The CRNP must be reviewed by the Credentials Committee and approved by the Medical Board.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.